DFW: What do the Internet reporters know?

I disagree with the mindset that fans gleefully want Dana to fall because he is "better than them".

The NFL is huge.

No NFL fans are hoping to see Roger Goodell get humbled.

No NFL fans are hoping to see him taken down a peg for his arrogance.

Why?

Because Roger Goodell doesn't tell fans to go fuck themselves, call reporters cunts, insult reporters constantly and tell the fans it's THEIR fault if they thought an event sucked.

If Dana were running the NFL he would not have punished any of the Saints over the bounty system.

He would have said, "It's a fucking violent game, bro. That's what fans want and thats what we deliver."

Goodell wears a suit, understands that the customer is always right and allows his TEAMS and PLAYERS to be the face of the league.

Ever see Goodell holding court on a Super Bowl Pre game?

Covers of magazines next to sports cars?

Following the NFL in more ways than one is a sure way to eliminate so many haters but the biggest way is to not act in a manner that draws so much hate.

It's not a bunch of jealous asses hoping he fails.

That's as arrogant as the very mindset which creates such problems. Phone Post

Don't give a fuck what Dana White says or thinks. Let's hear from the organ grinder, not the fucking monkey!

Uchi - 
Garv - 
G-Hands - 
Kirik - I feel like sometimes a lot of people in this sport are itching to see Dana/UFC fail.

I agree. And that's equally as disheartening and even more illogical.

Human nature.  The more someone or something succeeds, the more people there are who want it to fail.  Dana used to be golden, but the SOPA thing, coupled with his ever-increasing douchebag attitude, has turned off a lot of fans. 

You think hes turning off a percentage more fans now than before, or simply theres a helluva lot more fans to turn off? Outside of SOPA, I feel that White has not changed his tune very much over the years. Sure, hes gotten a little more savvy..but hardly has evolved into a slick talking politician.

Dana is stuck in a bubble where he runs around to events where the hardcore ufc fans surround him stroking his ego... he's then surrounded by his fan club (mma media) after the events continuing to cheer him on.

Ofcourse everytime there's valid criticism he cant take it. 

Can you imagine if roughly three quarters of the marketplace could not get access to an iphone Steve Jobs tells them "you need to figure that shit out".

Somewhere in his head he thinks just because it seems that he has monopolized the talent pool he can tell people to go f themselves because they have nowhere else to go...

Well karma is a funny thing cuz the way things are going with UFC's brand power sinking, Spike has a very real oppurtinty to flip things on it's head.

Spike can give away most or all of the ppv revenue like HBO and still make it work. 

internet reporters know that if you have to rub a gel on to come outside and talk shit, you are either a balless poseur on TRT or a fucking vampire.

and since teenage paranormal romances are making vampires IN

blaf and his ilk can only complain and bitch about raw alphas crashing into trees

MMA depends so much on the internet it is not funny.

This sport, no one really cares, except for the people that do. But the group that does, is borderline fanatical and obsessed. (Like me)

I think most amateur MMA reporters/bloggers try their best and try to act like pros, but it's tough to be that when you have never been around real journalism.

Certain fighters, but mostly Dana, have got to get a thicker skin. It's not going to stop.

Main point, MMA needs the internet more than anything to stay relevant.

MMA depends so much on the internet it is not funny.

This sport, no one really cares, except for the people that do. But the group that does, is borderline fanatical and obsessed. (Like me)

I think most amateur MMA reporters/bloggers try their best and try to act like pros, but it's tough to be that when you have never been around real journalism.

Certain fighters, but mostly Dana, have got to get a thicker skin. It's not going to stop.

Main point, MMA needs the internet more than anything to stay relevant.