Diaz bro’s jiu jitsu

Lol who else has done such shit in a fight much less against Ando?

If Matt Serra can TKO GSP…

If Hallman can tap out Matt Hughes twice…

1 Like

Fan of both Diaz bros but Gomi was pretty shit with sub defense.

1 Like

How crazy was that? Not even a different sub. Armbarred his ass twice! Would’ve thought he’d have been ready for it by then.

Yup. You can’t fight recklessly and aggressive and still have sound sub defense.

Nick subs Gomi 15 years ago and somehow that transalates to subbing Oliveria today? :thinking:

I used to push this narrative too but boxing while high changed my mind.

That and Pettis subbing him not too long ago

Nate the great is extremely underrated. His submission of fellow BB Jim Miller was a top 5 beautiful looking submission imo

3 Likes

Their jiu-jitsu would be enough to neutralize Burns and Charles’ jiu-jitsu sub attempts, but it wouldn’t be enough to get them the win.

They’d get out wrestled/muscled.

1 Like

His movement looks so bad I can’t even appreciate the humor.

Just like it fighting, styles make the match up. I think Charles and either of the brothers is a fun match up in a fight or just grappling. For grappling they all have a similar style with Charles being more attack oriented and the brothers being more meat and potatoes position to submission. Burns however runs through them all on the ground. Smash, pass, move, more smash, more pass. Maybe not a submission, but positional dominance. Burns has also stayed very competitive at the highest levels in grappling competition while Charles and the brothers have, to my knowledge, all been MMA grappling for the most recent history.

Where does Islam fit in this ?

In all seriousness, how many years has it been since youve seen any jiu jitsu from either Diaz brother?

Prime Nick beats them both. They’re natural lightweights lol. Him vs Burns would be lit though

Again with the “prime” talk. When was Nick’s prime? Current Oliveria is championship level. Nick never made it to ufc champion.

Nick would have been ufc champ at WW had USADA not fucked him over

He was better than Tyrone. Robbie. Rory. He woulda been champ for a while before Usman came around

Idiot