Diaz v Gomi 2!

Sam Caplan had an interview with Turi Altavilla who used to work with Pirde USA (he is the one that made the Gomi v Diaz fight). He is now with EliteXC and says they are working on it!

Sam also gets him to talk about what he thinks the downfall of Pride was. Altavilla says they never tried to foster an American audience until the floor was falling out in Japan. He also said Pride had a meeting with Spike to do a reality tv show too but they sent people to the meeting who had no television background, marketing background, or even an MMA background. And he said that if it wasn't for him and Jerry Millen (yes, that Jerry Millen) Pride would have lost their ppv deals because there weren't enough buys for the ppv companies to put up with the bull shit they had to from Pride.

Maybe Dana wasn't that wrong about Pride Management?

Here is the link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10500706/1

ttt

I honestly hated that fight... Besides Diaz possibly pulling the Sub of the year it was a sloppy kickboxing fight between an out-of-shape Gomi and a completely overrated striker in Diaz. (The KJ fight was no surprise).

Gomi should eat him alive if he had the gas.

That said I have loved almost every fight involving both of those guys... I just hate how people want to call it the fight of the year, while true MMA fights like Rampage/Hendo get shuffled under the rug.

shouldn't be too much of a surprise how poorly Pride was run from a business standpoint. EliteXC getting Gomi (even for just 1 fight) would be pretty sweet

"shouldn't be too much of a surprise how poorly Pride was run from a business standpoint"

Who are you people... I am no fanboy of any org. but this shit amazes me. Tell me, business savvy "StrikeAnywhere" internet posting guy... When you were in the room during all the business decision making, why didn't you interrupt and share your infinite knowledge?

"Who are you people... I am no fanboy of any org. but this shit amazes me. Tell me, business savvy "StrikeAnywhere" internet posting guy... When you were in the room during all the business decision making, why didn't you interrupt and share your infinite knowledge?"

WHAT?! Don't be going off about bullshit that just SOUNDS good, most of the members of this forum watched them run the fucking ship into the ground. Poofter little fanboys run around talking about EVERYTHING but the reality that management, corruption and organised crime links sunk the whole freakin thing.

lol @ "out of shape Gomi"

when all you throw is KO bombs it's pretty easy to gas fast. I'm sure the 1.3 million jabs and other punches he got nailed with had nothing to do with it.

Oh, Gomi was way out of shape BTW, that's a fact.

lol @ the haters of this fight, It was a good fight whatever way it would have gone Diaz or Gomi!

I hope Part 2 happens Diaz will tap him again

An in shape Gomi breaks his face again en route to victory.

lol, denial is not just a river in Egypt.  Getting punched in the face repeatedly will kill your gas. 

^ Actually I have a mate who was training with him around the time, apparently Gomi was spending too much time with his newly opened gym, and really didn't train much at all...

You can believe me or not, I care little, seeing as I'm just a pride hater or whatever.

hmmmmm id love to see it again...

i don't believe gomi has ever said anything but it's been reported that he did indeed barely get in the gym for that fight. not hard to believe with him gassing two minutes into the fight.