Diaz was having a panic attack

It’s such bullshit dude got 5 years suspended for weed… what a joke

2 Likes

His panic attacks are probably worse than ever because he relies on weed and alcohol to suppress them.

2 Likes

What’s even a bigger joke is the fans rallied behind him and he got his sentenced reduced and could have come back over 4 years ago but instead he chose the bottle

4 Likes

People forget Diaz is 7-8 in the UFC. Even though he had some great wins early, he couldn’t get past wrestlers and even got out struck by a 5 foot 5 Sean Sherk.

Diaz really made his name in Elite XC and Strikeforce. Those were opponents within his caliber and stylistically built for him.

5 Likes

Its pretty insane the legacy Nick built with only 1 win over a top 10 WW (Daley). I’ll never miss a Diaz fight and think Nate had the better career/is better p4p but Nick seems like his own worst enemy and could’ve been better. Theres always a problem, didn’t he talk about having little to no camp or a shitty one when he finally fought GSP? Imagine if he had a guy like Firaz in his ear 24/7

weed is over rated.

Daley, Zaromskis, Penn, and Lawler were all top ten welterweights when Diaz beat them, and Gomi was #1 at lightweight when Diaz beat him.

3 Likes

If I understood him right he just came back because he got screwed in a gym deal and was fighting to make back the money he lost.

4 Likes

Hate to hear that. That’s another reason jake shields said there’s snakes everywhere

Where the fuck is Nick’s manager/agent to help him out with his business ventures to make sure he doesn’t get fucked like he did? Where is Nate to help his brother out financially? Nate made serious money in the past half decade

Fair enough, I’d have a panic attack too when reality sets in walking up to the cage overweight and like I haven’t been training and eating/drinking like I was supposed to. Guy’s a legend, but I don’t know what the hell he was thinking leading up to the fight. Did he train with his brother at all? He’s active and should’ve been a decent gauge.

1 Like

He was mouth breathing as he walked in and as Bruce buffer was announcing him. He definitely was not mentally ready to be there

3 Likes

Wasn’t physically ready either. Knowing you’re in shape and have trained will add confidence, but that wasn’t there. That said, I don’t know when he knew he had a UFC fight? I saw it announced this summer. 2-3 months is a very short time to get in shape.

1 Like

The amount of bullshit excuses is over the top this time around…

…and Shields saying it was the best fight of the night tells you all you need to know about his lack of judgement skills…

1 Like

He’s the only one that knew he wanted to fight for sure though. This 2-3 month bullshit needs to stop. He had 6+ years to decide he wanted a comeback, you think the ufc told him that Saturday was the only day they would ever let him fight on? He could have asked for next month, December, next year or whatever if he needed time.

1 Like

Shit Mang, the op just said it looked like a panic attack on his way to the ring. Didn’t make excuses, just observation. I’ve thought about that in a lot of fighter’s walkouts. Y’all need to stfu or stay on topic…Ahem…Rik.

2 Likes

Where’s the accountability for Nick? Why is it Nates problem to rescue him? Maybe he told Nick it was a bad idea and not to do it. Maybe his manager/agent did the same. None of these people have any control at the end of the day if Nick decides he wants to invest or spend his money on something.

1 Like

It’s not like Nate forced Nick into that gymdeal that turned sour, I guess.

1 Like

For those that keep pointing out Diaz’s age as an excuse for why he looked so bad, is Robbie Lawler not a year older than him. Also, in regards to ‘‘UFC strongarm tactics.’’ Diaz is a grown man who decided to sign on the dotted line. I’m not a big fan of him personally, but I am a fan of his as a fighter. I also respect the hell out of how tough he is and what he has shown to be over a very long period of time. The 20 excuses for his performance on Saturday are laughable though. He did ok for a round and a half but after that he got his ass kicked, it what it is.

2 Likes

So maybe I’m going a bit hard but if you’re in here pretending that no one is creating excuses for Nick then I don’t know what to say. Maybe op really just wanted to have a medical based discussion about anxiety and that was his whole point. It reads as an excuse to me from a fan.

1 Like

Yeah it shocked me that he showed as much heart n grit and at times that old Nick Diaz touch em til you kill em style. I hated I loved it I was sad n happy. I like Rob hope Nick gets it all together and trains this time. I really don’t think he trained a bit and why his Lil bro and only Smoking Joe was on his corner. I think they were scared for Nick and why Nate was all in his face on top of the cage right after…Rich Perez was not in his corner, wtf does that tell you? They were scared for Nick, maybe knocked out recently…he had eyes of a person on heavy mental meds while just rising off the couch and fighting an absolute killer.

Rob even is such a good dude he started throwing a lot more body shots there at the end than he had earlier in the fight.

NICK DIAZ IS A WARRIOR AND ANYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT ISNT SECURE INSIDE ENOUGH TO ADMIT A MAN CAN RISE OFF A COUCH AND FIGHT A SLAUGHTER, AND STILL PUT UP A DECENT FIGHT.
YALL SUCK AND ARE JUST UNHAPPY PEOPLE. EAT A BAG O DICS BTW.

1 Like