Did 14 strict pullups...

Leigh - 
JimSteele - Adding weight can be good, but be careful of your elbows. I got obsessed with weighted pullups/chinups at one point and ended up with "golfer's elbow" so bad that I had nerve issues/numbness/atrophy in my hands and severe pain that was so bad that I couldn't even simply hang from a bar...been dealing with this shit for years and while it has now become a manageable problem, I still have recurring issues from time to time.
I was going to post exactly this. I get golfers elbow due to weighted pull ups

That said, I did them for years with no problems and when I got pain, I didn't realise it was the pull ups. If I had stopped the weighted pull ups straight away, it would have been much easier to manage

Actually, my elbow is just about fine now. Had a few months off the weighted pull ups and did a couple of flexibar workouts to relieve it. Phone Post 3.0

My elbows ache a reading this lol, have not done a single pullup in over a year, and limited them prior to that- ever since growing accustomed to various hammer strength rowing machines, my back/adductors are as strong as they've ever been imo, since my elbows are no longer as much of a limiting factor. Would still like to take a stab at the pullup challenge sometime, but I question how badly it will wreck my elbows.

sczott52 - 

Do you guys think some people are more genetically predisposed to pullups, similar to short arm barrel chested dudes being able to bench more easier?

I can do anywhere from 8-10 strict form chinups, 7-8 pullups.  I'm 220, probably could lose about 15 lbs if I cared. But even when I was 180lb playing bball in HS and college I still couldn't more than I can now.  I'm not saying I can't improve, but it's not an exercise that comes easy to me.

I think there can be favorable phenotypes for many movements and some sports, including pullups.