Did any govt employees lose their job/take a cut?

Pay cuts? Hours cut? Furloughed? 

tjmitch - 

Pay cuts? Hours cut? Furloughed? 

We're contractors, but I know a lot of our hourly security folks have taken an hours cut, because there's simply no use for guards inside a shut down facility.

I think our company is paying them out of hide, though.

City governments everywhere are furloughing people. If you're talking feds, I'm sure its coming.

1 Like

Yes, I just did an hour ago. It’s happening all over, not just private sector. 

I was a county employee. 

I work for the DOD. i am a civilian gs employee. I am working crazy hours. 

Cutbacks, hiring freeze, future raises/increases scrapped

morotetsuke -

I work in County government- we never recovered from the 08 crisis. Just started talking about raises for the first time in a dozen years, then corona hits.

Death Star -
morotetsuke -

I work in County government- we never recovered from the 08 crisis. Just started talking about raises for the first time in a dozen years, then corona hits.

Ouch

Seemore Butts - 

I work for the DOD. i am a civilian gs employee. I am working crazy hours. 

If you're ever in Chicago. I know a good bar.....

No.

Federal employees have it good. Full employment - most working from home. Even the environmental response guys who are normally in the field are at hone checking email for 8 hours a day. Don’t know about contractors to the feds though.

emu67 -

Federal employees have it good. Full employment - most working from home. Even the environmental response guys who are normally in the field are at hone checking email for 8 hours a day. Don’t know about contractors to the feds though.

I work for the Canadian Federal Government.  Full time are safe thus far knock on wood.  Most are working from home, you are not even allowed to set foot into the building unless you are deemed essential to do so. 

Contractors have either had their hours slashed dramitcally or cut to zero.  I am not sure if they are eligibel for CERB, I think they are if they do not have any income for at least 14 days.

We have hiring freezes going on as well, for me I was lucky to be promoted right before this all started happening to the next pay scale.  This is also means that I am at the bottom rung in terms of seniority with my new group so if layoffs are going to happen in the future you never know, I am a bit worried....

As much as this paid "time off" has been a nice little break, I want our economy back up and running as soon as possibe.

I'm told that it won't be until at least June 1st for us, hope it doesn't stretch beyond that.  I don't mind going into work while still practicing social distancing and sanitization measures.  Let's get the show back on the road!

I hope all city and state government workers get furloughed. They're the ones demanding all businesses remain closed. 

Teachers still getting paid. 

Death Star -
morotetsuke -

You’ve been dicked for a decade

I'm a state employee for a probation/parole office and have not been furloughed or hours cut. It was brought up as a question when this all went down and we were told and are still being told it is not being considered YET.

Federal law enforcement here.  No petty criminals (probationers pissing dirty); only arresting the most dangerous/wanted criminals.  No pay cuts or hours cut, but admin can telework. 

2 Likes

I work for a State run health care system. We are rotating 1 week on 1 week off. And I get paid my full pay. 

TFK_LittleBoots - 

I'm a state employee for a probation/parole office and have not been furloughed or hours cut. It was brought up as a question when this all went down and we were told and are still being told it is not being considered YET.

Remember, you just have to watch and make sure the cup is clean. You don't have to hold it for any of them!