Did Chris Leben beat you up???

After the show last night all the criticizing of Chris Leben is starting to crack me up. People got mad because Randy kicked the inferior FIGHTER off the FIGHTING show. WTF?!?! I think Chris Leben reminds a lot of people of the wise ass in high school that also had a wicked punch. You guys would go to your (insert McDojo here) classes and learn "respect and discipline", while Chris was out getting drunk and screwing girls. Then Sensei John Doe would hand you your blackbelt. 30 minutes later Chris Lebens handing you your ass. I'm Chris' age and I know damn well if I was in that house I'd be living it up too. Don't get mad because some people need to go to bet at 8:00 and drink nothing but water and protein in order to work out the next day. Leben drinks until 2 in the morning, wakes up and still kicks ass.

I somewhat agree. Although the dude is super annoying, I am impressed in his ability to drink like a fish and train hard the following day. Ive never been able to do that.

I personally doubt I could live with Chris Leben and his antics, but I'm surprised that the Underground crowd didn't like him. I thought he'd become a hero around here, like Tito before his fall from grace.

I also find his ability to bounce back after drinking quite impressive.

he is annoying but this thread is correct. He is a superior athelete to the guy that got kicked off.

Leben is the shit! He reminds me of my little bro.

ttt I feel its my personal responsibility to make the haters see this

I have to agree with Randy when he said that their antics made him wonder whether they really wanted to be there or not. Why would you want to get drunk when you have to train hard the next day? Why risk your chances of getting that contract? I dont care what Leben does but his behavior affects everyone in the house. On the first show he was running his mouth and acting like an idiot til 2:30 in the morning and they had to wake up at 5am. Most of the guys on the show are dead serious about winning that contract and dont need an inconsiderate dick who seems intent on making things hard on everyone. If Leben wants to stay up all night and get drunk, thats fine. Just show a little respect for the other fighters who probably want to get some sleep. There is no doubt the kid is talented and has a good chance of winning but his attitude sucks. I was surprised that a guy like this is on Team Quest. However I guarantee he wouldnt be running his mouth, getting hammered, or pissing on someone's pillow if Randy was in that house with his team. The guy is an obvious bully who shows his true colors when no one is around who has the balls to keep him check. He suddenly turned soft spoken and apologetic when Couture called him on his behavior.

"while Chris was out getting drunk and screwing girls."

LMAO. Yeah, I"ll bet chicks dig that guy.

By the way, if he is on team quest he also spends a whole lot of time in the gym training. Trust me he doesn't spend all his time drinking.
He is actually a trained athlete not some wannabe UG poster who thinks drinking is cool.
Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

Great post by KKM.

"Then Sensei John Doe would hand you your blackbelt. 30 minutes later Chris Lebens handing you your ass."

LOL, funniest statement right there

Yeah, alot of people on here are getting their panties in a bunch about this kid. I have to disagree with something you said though, that guy aint getting girls. LOL

You want the best fighters on your team and he made the choice.....It happens all the time. Barry Bonds would be accepted onto any team with open arms.

I personally can't stand him. However, I would have preferred to see him on Lidells team. Seems to be a conflict of interest with Couture (considering Dana White is pulling both their strings anyway.)

It's funny cuz no one here doubts that Leben is a tough guy. No one doubts that he's an asshole either. But some people seem to think that being a tough guy gives you the right to be an asshole and thats where you're WRONG.

All of his talent, heart, grit, determination, skill, power, strength, blah, blah, blah, NONE of it detracts from the fact that the kid is a FUCKING ASSHOLE!

He is still young though and when he is a little older he MAY mature into a fine human being. Until then, he's just another asshole, albeit a pretty tough asshole.

I know, I know, you Leben nuthuggers ask, "Yeah, would you say that to his face?" and the answer is yes. I know, I know, you nutfleas say "I bet he could kick your ass though!". Yeah, he might kick my ass BUT this is what you are missing highspeed....HE WOULD STILL BE AN ASSHOLE.

I think that JJJA thinks Leben is an asshole.
I may be reading too much into his post though.

"By the way, if he is on team quest he also spends a whole lot of time in the gym training. Trust me he doesn't spend all his time drinking. He is actually a trained athlete not some wannabe UG poster who thinks drinking is cool. Sorry to ruin your fantasy."

No one said he doesn't train. I'm just saying he's not being a pussy about it. And I don't know how long its been since you guys have been in your 20's but the assholes get the girls. It's a fact of life people have trouble dealing with. And I don't think he's bullying anybody, he's just being himself. Fuck the hipocrisy. People want you to be real, and at the same time be the golden boy. Chris is an incredible fighter with a lot of heart. He works his ass off in the gym so he parties it up when he can. ttt for the next great middleweight.

So if you are Dana White or Randy, would you want the risk on your team or within your organization?

MMA, as it evolves into a legitimate and sanctioned sport, is looking to sell itself not only to fans, but also to legislators and sanctioning bodies.

Given this, do you want steroid controversies, drunken brawls in the stands, fighters who can't keep themselves in line, etc etc?

I can understand that there is a wild-man steve-martin-esque doofas on the show, yet this is a business that has to be run like a... ...business.

A primadona that can punch? Big deal. There are 400 Chris Leben's out there waiting to get the chance that this kid has been handed. I am sure that some of them would display 100 x the class and integrity that he himself has shown (if provided the same oppurtunity).

He is simply providing a negative role model, or a role model of what not to be if you want to sell yourself as a "professional" fighter.

Is Randy up drinking until 2 am and then "kickin' ass"?

How about Chuck?

With these proven "warriors" you don't have the associated risk (as they have matured)... and what you hope, through coaching, is that these new up and coming fighters are brought into the mature-curve as soon as possible. With Chris Leben, that might not be as quick as some people would like simply because of his nature.

If he really is a fighter, then shut the pie-hole and fight.

The truly scary guys don't have to talk or intimidate. Their fists do the work, their mouths are just for breathing (as opposed to spewing crapola).

Still, since it is geared towards the romos and whatnot, it has to have that element of pseudo-toughguy because hey, who else do they want shoving them around in the locker room?

I always think it's funny when a 24 year old refers to EVERYBODY else as "kids".

"Chris is an incredible fighter with a lot of heart. He works his ass off in the gym so he parties it up when he can. ttt for the next great middleweight."

LOL. Cool.

It's fairly obvious from your posts that you are justifying your own shitty behaviour by identifying so strongly with Chris.

Lots of people on this board are in their 20's and most of them aren't assholes like Leben. He is a goof regardless of his age. Who cares if he parties. That's not the problem. He is an idiot when he is drunk.
That's the problem.

I think he's good for the show and he seems like a genuinely tough MOFO (if a wee bit insecure). I also wouldn't mind seeing him KO a few people.
However his "honest" personality makes him a knob and it won't score him any chicks.

I guess he can take solace in the fact that he is a role model for all the other obnoxious, drunken 23 year olds. Cool.

When you mature, you'll realize that Leben has the personality of a parentless 16 year old. This is not your typical reality show and he's acting like an A$$.