Did Greg Jackson just ruin Jones' career?

What the fuck are you guys crying about? Jackson did the right thing by protecting his fighter. He's good for mma and his fighters. He has them fight to win, double their fight money. How is that bad? Phone Post

Greg didn't screw Jon,
Jon screwed Jon

Terrible move. No matter how many people he beats Jones will be remembered as a tucker.

Honestly this was probably the best possible outcome, because the card would have been a joke, but yeah, JBJ has committed media suicide.

If reports are true and in light of the past year or so, so has Greg Jackson.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6cdX.jpg

Damn.. never realized how much Jackson looks like Waingro from Heat until I saw that picture.

<a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ps_TappciTs/SVsHsvY0DDI/AAAAAAAAAAc/VvGbnIRj0ho/s400/waingro1+copy.jpg">

Chael just destroyed Jon.  Last week, he gets Jon upset on Twitter and telling him he can't talk himself into a title shot.  Then when Chael does talk himself into a title shot, Jon runs away and Chael has the greatest material a guy could ask for.  He literally ran away from Chael himself.  It doesn't get any better than that.

Rahjai - career suicide IMO. This decision will haunt him for rest of his life. If he thought he was gonna get low PPV revenue before, wait until the next event.

There will definitely be fan backlash.

I have to agree. It going to hurt Bones on many, many levels. How can you market a guy who refuses to fight a middleweight replacement contender? He has lost the respect of most of the fighters in the mma community over this, not to mention many of the fans. He has cost the company that employs him millions of dollars. Quite frankly I'm shocked that Dana didn't strip him of the title. Fighters should ALL have the attitude of people like Chael, with a willingness to fight anytime, anywhere, with no bullshit politics attached. Man up and fight all comers, or go get an MBA and be a "business man". Phone Post

beerbelly - 

What the fuck are you guys crying about? Jackson did the right thing by protecting his fighter. He's good for mma and his fighters. He has them fight to win, double their fight money. How is that bad? Phone Post

It's all because they're a bunch of women who can't think things through. They get all emotional and it's over with. Give them time to settle down a bit....then again, I think most would still not get it lol.

JediJitsu - I think in this situation Jones should have made his own decision. He has to feel like he can defeat Sonnen. Just a week ago he was refusing a Machida rematch, and suddenly he would rather fight Machida than Jones. I understand the protection of a fighter by a coach, but Greg Jackson just made history in a very bad way. I believe that a champion who refuses to fight is no real champion. Phone Post

"... would rather fight Machida than Sonnen" Phone Post

notsobigmike - I think it was a bad move.

It probably would have made another highlight reel finish for Bones and it would have earned him bonus points with the bosses and probably some extra cake for the last-minute switcheroo.

Now the brass hates him, the fans hate him, hell even the other fighters hate him.

Sometimes doing what's best for your interests, doesn't always work out to the best of your interests.

Well said. Phone Post

Rahjai - career suicide IMO. This decision will haunt him for rest of his life. If he thought he was gonna get low PPV revenue before, wait until the next event.

There will definitely be fan backlash.

But this is getting mainstream coverage. Say if jones fought sonnen or hendo, wouldn't everyone like to see jones get his arse kicked? Phone Post

Feel sorry for the little guys on Team Jackson who will be punished by the UFC.  Dana's going to destroy that camp.

notsobigmike - I think it was a bad move.

It probably would have made another highlight reel finish for Bones and it would have earned him bonus points with the bosses and probably some extra cake for the last-minute switcheroo.

Now the brass hates him, the fans hate him, hell even the other fighters hate him.

Sometimes doing what's best for your interests, doesn't always work out to the best of your interests.

Exactly this Phone Post

PrestigeWorldwide - Greg didn't screw Jon,
Jon screwed Jon

All leading to Sept 22 the Montreal Screwjob! Phone Post

If every single person doesn't boo him upon his entrance come Sept 22nd, then there is something wrong with humanity. He has just lost fans money, UFC money and fighters money, just because he doesn't want to fight a guy (even though he is fully prepared to FIGHT which is what he is PAID to do). Phone Post

2JupitersTooMany - Chael just destroyed Jon.  Last week, he gets Jon upset on Twitter and telling him he can't talk himself into a title shot.  Then when Chael does talk himself into a title shot, Jon runs away and Chael has the greatest material a guy could ask for.  He literally ran away from Chael himself.  It doesn't get any better than that.

This..

Mr. "Kickslap, take a lap" fucked us again.

2JupitersTooMany - Feel sorry for the little guys on Team Jackson who will be punished by the UFC.  Dana's going to destroy that camp.

I thought about this as well. Dana also said that he AND Lorenzo were disgusted, which probably means that Joe Silva is as well. I don't see them being matched up advantageously from here on out. Phone Post

Depends if it being good business decision for the "Jones brand" is worth become the pound-for-pound biggest pariah in MMA.

lol yeah by pissing dana off and wrecking an event he certainly has damaged jones's ufc career, i dont think there's any doubt about that