Did Jesus Use Humor?

When I read the Bible growing up, I read it as Christ speaking sternly all the time. Portrayals of Him in movies speaking in a spaced-out monotone voice didn't help.

But what if these passages were said with a smile and laughter rather than anger:

"And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell." (Matthew 5:30)

"Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye...." (Luke 6:42)

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness." (Matthew 23:27)

More reflective of His love, I think.

Picture Dennis Miller playing Jesus and saying the above. Effective, huh?

Jesus did not use a hummer, he was way more envirementally conscious, and would never have driven one of those. I think he may have had a hybrid.

the rev

Wiseguy...why I oughta....now how about commenting on the HUMOR of Jesus?

Yes Jesus used humor

yours in Christ

sherm

was it good humor?

mmmmmm goodhumor

Didnt we have a thread on here about jokes in the Bible? I bet Jesus was a funny dude.

Im sure he was. yah we had a thread on that a while back. I remember.

i bet jesus looked into each persons soul and saw what would make them laugh, and often did so for his close followers sitting around a campfire chillin