Did Jon Jones really lose the decision?

In people's eyes?

Or is it the troll crew out to hate jones... A lot of controversy going on this morning about the fight, unfortunately I missed it due to family reasons would like a honest description please.

Close fight?

Gus win?

Jones dominate?

I was expecting Jones to run through Gus and submit him. Phone Post 3.0

Close fight that Gus won.
/thread. Phone Post 3.0

Dead President - Close fight that Gus won.
/thread. Phone Post 3.0
Hmmm interesting.

Jones is not immortal I see. Phone Post 3.0

Gus won for me, should not even be a debate.

I gave the fight to Gus. Phone Post 3.0

Fan of both guys.

It was close but felt like Jones won. Given that he's champ he deserves the benefit of the doubt in a close fight anyhow but I do think he won on the merits of his performance on its own.

But it was definitely close and I wouldn't have felt like Jones was robbed if he had not been given the W. Phone Post 3.0

Had Gus winning the first three. Second was a toss up though. Phone Post

LitUp - Fan of both guys.

It was close but felt like Jones won. Given that he's champ he deserves the benefit of the doubt in a close fight anyhow but I do think he won on the merits of his performance on its own.

But it was definitely close and I wouldn't have felt like Jones was robbed if he had not been given the W. Phone Post 3.0

Why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt for being champion? Fight should be scored fairly at all times

I drank too many beer so I gotta re watch but I just wanted to point that out Phone Post

RE: Champ getting benefit of the doubt.

I've always found the old cliche "Gotta beat the champ to be the champ" to be true. If there is a razor thin round or a draw for the fight the champ gets the nod. I understand why people may not like this, but I think the onus is on the contender to go out there and take the belt.

RE: Scoring the fight.

The more I think about it, the more I think Jones lost. I think Gus won the first three rounds, though 2 was close and I can see how people would score it for Jones. I also think Gus was winning the 4th until Jones landed that huge elbow and put him on Q street for the remainder of the round. Due to that I think he earned the round as his performance and effectiveness overshadowed Gus in the 4th despite it being less time for the round. I suppose that some will argue Gus won the 4th, but I'm not buying that. From there Jones continued to dominate clearing winning the 5th. As you can see I scored the fight 3-2 for Gus, but could see a solid argument for 3-2 for Jones. Heck, I honestly think a judge could have given Gus the 4th making it 4-1 Gus. How Jones got a 4-1 from a judge is beyond me though...

I'm not a Jones fan, only in the sense I don't like his personality (or at least what we see.) But there's no denying how good he is. I was rooting against Jones the whole fight but could completely understand how they came to that decision.

People on facebook would say things like "absolute robbery! I ahd it 48-47 Gus." Then it's NOT a robbery. A robbery would be Gus scoring 50-44 and Jones wins. THAT's robbery.

Jones fights everyone they put in front of him. Gus did better than anyone has done yet. Jones finally had to deal with some adversity and he showed well imo. I think he learns from this and comes back stronger. My opinion is, I think all the talk went to Jones' head, and rather than train like someone is gunning for his belt and it's gonna be a war, I think he trained like he was a -900 favorite and possibly took it lightly. I don't know though. It was fun to watch.

I wanted Gus to win but I thought jones won that fight. He almost put Gus away at the end of the 4th. It does go I show you that reach and leverage play a big part of jones game. He wast able to utilize much of the trips and our grapple like he is used to. Great fight. Phone Post 3.0

Close fight. It maybe should have been a draw, imo. Both guys did enough to win the fight. Phone Post

Dont let the haters cloud a great fight.... It was close.... But jones stole the fight in the fourth.... Momentum switched. Furst three were close rounds with the edge to gust. But the second was close and could have went to jones Phone Post 3.0

The Decision was correct, don't believe anything you're reading. Rounds 2,4 and 5 were clearly JBJ. I was 8 rows back from cageside and re-watched it again at home because it was such a great fight.
Wanted Gus to win so no Bias in my answer. Phone Post

Browne made me a reemtard - Close fight Jones won IMO. And I hate Jones. Phone Post

This Phone Post

I don't understand how anyone can give round 2 to GUS. He didn't land a single clean shot and defended takedowns the entire round.

With that said I almost gave the 4th round to Alex seeing as he controlled about 4 minutes until he got beat up for the last 40 seconds.

2-4-5 Jones

I had Gus winning rounds 1-4.5. Jones hurt Gus in the 4th but before that I felt the Mauler was landing almost at will. Each round was close though, it was a fucking amazing fight.

RileyPust - I had Gus winning rounds 1-4.5. Jones hurt Gus in the 4th but before that I felt the Mauler was landing almost at will. Each round was close though, it was a fucking amazing fight.

I'm curious why you gave Gus round 5? Pretty much everyone gave round 5 to Bones.

Browne made me a reemtard - 

Close fight Jones won IMO. And I hate Jones. Phone Post

Yeah i don't like him either. I thought he edged out the win 2,4,5 though.

Broady - Had Gus winning the first three. Second was a toss up though. Phone Post
This. Phone Post 3.0