Did Tito say no to fighting Ken?!?

that's what some are saying...doesn't make sense to me.
Any one know for sure?

"According to the UFC, Tito Ortiz has backed out of fighting Ken Shamrock.

Ortiz was originally scheduled to face Shamrock after the end of the current 'Ultimate Fighter 3' reality series, where both of them served as coaches for the two opposing teams."

Dana said it.

as of right now the fight is pushed back. tito has an injured knee. its going to happen but not in jun like anticipated.

sorry i ment july not june.

The way Dana talked about it, it sounded like Tito called off the fight against Shamrock regardless of the knee - as in he didn't want to fight him even after hes healthy. Thats what it sounded like.

According to Tito, it is because he needs to let his body heal. That does not seem to be Dana's take on the situation.

bsrizpac is correct.

"The way Dana talked about it, it sounded like Tito called off the fight against Shamrock regardless of the knee - as in he didn't want to fight him even after hes healthy. Thats what it sounded like."

Wonder if Dana's acting like that to fire Tito up enough to fight him. On TUF Tito looks like it would make his day to fight Ken, and he beat his ass the first time...funny, the first time Ken had a bad knee and fought, this time Tito has the bad knee, no fight.

I hope it happens in July. Ken ain't getting any younger!

"Dana is such a slimeball fuckbag "

Well wasn't that the contracted deal Tito Agreed to when he came back to the UFC? To coach the show then fight Ken after the show concluded. The fights and the show was supposed to help Tito get back up there in the mainstream with the other TUF stars.

This is like a waste of the show now. All the editing done to highlight the Ken vs. Tito rematch and then, Ken fights Forrest instead?

Sure Tito may really need the rest, but I'm sure people can understand Dana's frustrations in dealing with a guy who's pulled out of big fights with little notice before.

"According to Tito, it is because he needs to let his body heal. That does not seem to be Dana's take on the situation."

Thats good to know - its just the way he talked about it on that internet radio show Dana just hesitated and said Tito pulled out and didn't say anything about his injury and then went on to say how Forrest stepped up.

i dont see why he would want to fight someone he beat to a pulp once allready that fight was as one sided as it gets.

How the fuck does this fall back on Dana being a scumbag????

Sounds to me like Tito is injured yet again, to jam up the big UFC plans to headline yet again. To suck up the limelight and get his face on TV yet duck out before the big fight, yet again. I would be fucking pissed too if this guy would only sign a contract if he was promised green but amazingly popular Forest and geritol Ken.

Tito picks his fights, and he picks easy ones.

Tito is constantly backing out of fights and posturing for more cash, frequently using injury as the excuse.

Tito = Torn ACL, MCL, Buldging disk. He would be absoluetly stupid to take this fight.

lol@Tito fans buying this bullshit. you guys are the ones he fucks.

"Oh you're right. He should fight him with a Torn up knee. DANA RULEZ! TUF IS AWESOME! UFC UFC! SUPPORT THE SPORT!

Fuck that. Dana is a piece of shit. "

Really, then why is he just resting instead of getting surgery? I mean if he's not medically cleared, or has to get surgery, what are you going to do. But medical wise, there is nothing of note saying he is medically suspended because of the knee. He hasn't said he's getting surgery.

So yeah....you signed the freaking contract, you knew what the TUF season 3 was supposed to be about, the doctors say you are ok and you aren't getting anything surgically fixed. Fight the damn fight. You've rested for almost 2 years already before the Forrest fight. Fight damn it.

spare me the fucking dramatics about tito backing out of the fight. he's allready whipped this guys ass once, and has tooled everyone the guy used to train with. tito is afraid to fight ken or looking to posture out of it, you guys act like the UFC is the only one to gain from the fight, when in fact it would probably be the best thing tito could possibly do since the amount of attention it would have garnered.

if the fights off, you have to belive its because of injury. nobody passes a huge payday and a huge amount of attention to face a guy youve allready destoryed for nothing. if you dont like tito fine, but quit with the absurdity.

all the injured stars, means ufc would have to go out and spend instead of keep all that money they are making on some high profile free agents to come in or back to the ufc.

kangaroo said it perfectly. I cant believe anyone even wants to see this fight again.

Tito can beat shamrock with one leg

Damn, Forrest, look what ya done.