Did Vilante take the fall?

?  Both knew each other, one fighter is an up comer and the other is a fighter on his way out!  Seemed Vilante had it in the bag and Greene seemed to pull out an unlikely submission at the end of the fight!  Idk! Seemed like one big act to me at the end.   

Nope. Doesn’t make sense in the context of the fight. Villante wouldn’t have dropped him if he was gonna take a fall. They also would have picked a more believable finish than some half assed submission that no one in the history of the sport has ever tapped out to.

1 Like
bradu -

Nope. Doesn’t make sense in the context of the fight. Villante wouldn’t have dropped him if he was gonna take a fall. They also would have picked a more believable finish than some half assed submission that no one in the history of the sport has ever tapped out to.

It was an Ezekiel Choke no? Plenty have tapped to it.

Gian Villante was submitted via double chin choke

That was so sad, but happy for the winner. Gian almost had him… tough loss I imagine.

Strange fight.  I don't think there's any fuckery, I'm just not sure if Villante wants to fight anymore.  He had to work to lose that fight.  If he would have just stood up and landed another shot or two, he would have put that one away.

That was a shockingly bad ending, but props to Greene for sticking with it and pursuing the finish from a terrible position. 

Both guys have a lot, A LOT of work to do moving forward. 

1 Like
Joshinho - 
bradu -

Arm triangle from bottom half guard,  Greene didn't adjust his body once he secured it but he didn't need to cause Villante was already exhausted.

I've seen this submission in no-gi tournaments so I was surprised when D Cruz and Bisping acted like it was an impossible submission to hit.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byl_lvMQYA0&t=63s

Joshinho -
bradu -

No. It was some weird variation of an arm triangle from bottom 

BrowBeaten -
Joshinho -
bradu -

No. It was some weird variation of an arm triangle from bottom 

Very similar but when you do arm triangle from the bottom you want your opponents head turned away from you to get it as tight as possible. Villantes head was turned towards Green and looked like his face/mouth was trapped inside Greene’s arm and he couldn’t breathe. I personally don’t think it was blood choke like most arm triangles are.

1 Like

the way he pulled on Villante's head kept him from being able to move to breathe. You can get choked from anywhere if the guy is strong enough.

1 Like
Joshinho -
bradu -

Absolutely not

scrapdo - 
Joshinho -
bradu -

Absolutely not

Joshinho needs to remove the "inho" from his name.  He does not train obviously.

After Vilante knocked him down, he never bothered improving his top position. It was just plain bizarre that he didn’t easily pull his right leg forward, mount Greene and pound him out. It was all there for him. He took the foot off the gas big time, then taps to an unlikely submission from a wobbly, awkward dude from the bottom. Bisping said his right leg was trapped. He really is blind (no offence Mike) because Greene’s legs were such that a whole convoy of trucks could have driven through.

This fight touched a nerve.

As I watched it, I spoke aloud to the people in the room that either this guy is a complete moron, exhausted to the point of passing out or more likely a fix was in. Not by the UFC, but perhaps had friends, associates with wagers etc… to go down in the 3rd round.

My 2 cents, however correct or misguided it is.

1 Like

Villante had FOUR split decisions in a row, that he went 2-2 in. Who does that lol

Non N00B -

Villante had FOUR split decisions in a row, that he went 2-2 in. Who does that lol

Don't know, my friend.

He's one of those guys that deserves to lose, because he refuses to win.

He should be on the cutting block for that performance, to be honest. 

I've got nothing against Greene, but he himself was probably a loss away last night from getting cut and then pulled out that miraculous shit and somehow made Villante and HIMSELF even MORE terrible by actually getting the finish.

Like, who TRIES that shit in a legitimate professional fight, and worse yet, who's bad enough to actually TAP from that in a legitimate professional fight?!?

It probably would have went better if they both threw right hands at the same exact time and knocked each other out.

1 Like

Unless ref was in on it too, herb dean stop that fight 100%

WaltJ -
Non N00B -

Don't know, my friend.

He's one of those guys that deserves to lose, because he refuses to win.

He should be on the cutting block for that performance, to be honest. 

I've got nothing against Greene, but he himself was probably a loss away last night from getting cut and then pulled out that miraculous shit and somehow made Villante and HIMSELF even MORE terrible by actually getting the finish.

Like, who TRIES that shit in a legitimate professional fight, and worse yet, who's bad enough to actually TAP from that in a legitimate professional fight?!?

It probably would have went better if they both threw right hands at the same exact time and knocked each other out.

He's a weird dude, he needs to switch gyms. I remember on an embedded years ago, his meathead friend Weidman and crew were making fun of him for KO'ing a 40 year old Perosh. Villante doesnt seem like he WANTS IT, just that this is what he does for money, and he doesnt know what else to do. 

On a SideNote -
Joshinho - 
bradu -

Arm triangle from bottom half guard,  Greene didn't adjust his body once he secured it but he didn't need to cause Villante was already exhausted.

I've seen this submission in no-gi tournaments so I was surprised when D Cruz and Bisping acted like it was an impossible submission to hit.

Lol you’re simply naive if you think Gian tapped your anything other than being obese and tired. He just had to posture up and he didn’t even try. I’ve trained for over 20 years and I know when a fat guy taps from exhaustion and that was 100% it. That wasn’t a legit submission at all. 

1 Like
On a SideNote -
Joshinho - 
bradu -

Oh ok, can the Ezekiel Choke only be applied from the bottom of the mount?