Did Vilante take the fall?

The Crotchet boss has "82 reach. That opens up the ability to do some crazy chokes. I do think Gian was exhausted as well.

1 Like

Greene's crazy long arms got the job done and Gian was gassed. 

NOT A FUCKING CHANCE IN HELL!

WaltJ -

Strange fight.  I don't think there's any fuckery, I'm just not sure if Villante wants to fight anymore.  He had to work to lose that fight.  If he would have just stood up and landed another shot or two, he would have put that one away.

That was a shockingly bad ending, but props to Greene for sticking with it and pursuing the finish from a terrible position. 

Both guys have a lot, A LOT of work to do moving forward. 

Yeah, in his last 5-6 fights he looks like he doesn’t wanna be there. At some point I considered him to have a very bright future. Not sure what happened but whatever it is, Serra and Longo should have a long talk with him. The guy looks lost. 

Am I crazy that I thought it was a legit tap?

He was exhausted, his mouth and nose were covered and Green put the squeeze on him.

To even ask if Vilante took a fall is rude. I don’t think I have ever thought a fighter has taken a fall in the UFC.

I think this one shits me more than other times is because I have tapped from exhaustion in training a bunch of times, and I have made people tap from exhaustion. Cover their mouth and put a bit of pressure on someone via pushing the pace or squeezing their ribs/stomach with your knee and you can tap a lot of guys.

Also, pretty basic choke, its not weird or special or anything. Its an Arm Triangle.

Eskimo - 
On a SideNote -
Joshinho - 
bradu -

Nope. Doesn’t make sense in the context of the fight. Villante wouldn’t have dropped him if he was gonna take a fall. They also would have picked a more believable finish than some half assed submission that no one in the history of the sport has ever tapped out to.

It was an Ezekiel Choke no? Plenty have tapped to it.

Arm triangle from bottom half guard,  Greene didn't adjust his body once he secured it but he didn't need to cause Villante was already exhausted.

I've seen this submission in no-gi tournaments so I was surprised when D Cruz and Bisping acted like it was an impossible submission to hit.

Lol you’re simply naive if you think Gian tapped your anything other than being obese and tired. He just had to posture up and he didn’t even try. I’ve trained for over 20 years and I know when a fat guy taps from exhaustion and that was 100% it. That wasn’t a legit submission at all. 

Naive?!?!   I clearly said Gian was exhausted BUT that is a legit submission.  Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.  Is it easy to avoid...YES....but once locked in with a strong opponent...then you can be submitted.

SportScience -

Am I crazy that I thought it was a legit tap?

He was exhausted, his mouth and nose were covered and Green put the squeeze on him.

To even ask if Vilante took a fall is rude. I don’t think I have ever thought a fighter has taken a fall in the UFC.

I think this one shits me more than other times is because I have tapped from exhaustion in training a bunch of times, and I have made people tap from exhaustion. Cover their mouth and put a bit of pressure on someone via pushing the pace or squeezing their ribs/stomach with your knee and you can tap a lot of guys.

Also, pretty basic choke, its not weird or special or anything. Its an Arm Triangle.

I’m probably more frustrated with his lack of awareness than him tapping to something like that.  At the exact time he was tapping, he should have been doing the post fight interview discussing what was next after his TKO ref stoppage over Greene, but there he was, tapping to that technique. 

It also does make it a little worse that it was during a live UFC fight.  It's one thing to tap to something like that in training, another thing to do it at that particular time and place, but it is what it is.  I will say, that I myself have been completely exhausted and shit out of luck in competition and it's no fun, but I'm also not a UFC caliber prize fighter. 

Hey now OP, you try to put on 50 lbs in less than a yr then wobble in the cage to fight someone in shape!

Eskimo -
On a SideNote -
Joshinho - 
bradu -

Nope. Doesn’t make sense in the context of the fight. Villante wouldn’t have dropped him if he was gonna take a fall. They also would have picked a more believable finish than some half assed submission that no one in the history of the sport has ever tapped out to.

It was an Ezekiel Choke no? Plenty have tapped to it.

Arm triangle from bottom half guard,  Greene didn't adjust his body once he secured it but he didn't need to cause Villante was already exhausted.

I've seen this submission in no-gi tournaments so I was surprised when D Cruz and Bisping acted like it was an impossible submission to hit.

Lol you’re simply naive if you think Gian tapped your anything other than being obese and tired. He just had to posture up and he didn’t even try. I’ve trained for over 20 years and I know when a fat guy taps from exhaustion and that was 100% it. That wasn’t a legit submission at all. 

This is what I`m thinking.  Someone mentioned he suffers from asthma too?  It definitely seems like he panicked when he couldn`t breathe.

Problem here is Gian gets 75k win or lose so still a descent purse, some say he is friends with Serra who is tight with Dana so he probably won`t be cut and will go on to make another 75k his next fight.

This fight bothered me.  Both were terrible and not UFC caliber. 

Gassed. Does he look in amazing fighting shape?

He was fat and out of shape & has asthma on top of it. Exhaustion made him easy to tap.. he prolly needed a paycheck 

Why was gian so fucking fat ? 

I get moving to heavy weight if youre a big dude who struggles to make 205. I dont understand the move up if it means carrying that much body fat around the mid-section. Fat boy gassed and panicked ( couldnt breathe ). 

I get tapping to the technique given his nose and mouth were completely obstructed. I dont get how he ended up there in the first place after almost knocking greene out, and why he was so out of shape. If its because of covid restrictions in ny then he shouldnt have taken the fight. Both guys looked awful.