Did you do thousands of reps?

YUP!!

rene.r has caught the correct!!

Ray, that makes much more sense (what Bolo/m.g. said that you just agreed with).

Hey Adam,

My personal philosophy is to always try and make things simple.......I am constantly trying to THROW OUT techniques, so that I only have a handful I can "repetitively" practise, and know for certain that it works in a "combat" scenario.

I'm always nagging Bolo to summarise the entire BJJ system to 8 moves....................I'm still nagging

Ray,

I understand what you are saying, although I firmly believe there has to be a "base" of general athleticism (ability to move with coordination) that is specific to any art.  Some people or born with it, some learn it quickly, others take a lifetime to develop it.  I've trained beneath and taught all 3 types, and I find it an extremely fascinating topic, to say the least!!

As to the the "8 moves" for BJJ, it HAS been condensed.  Last year, Roy gave some of us instructors a short list of moves he felt contained all the movements required to master BJJ. (Of course, you still need to learn other techniques for strategical/tactical purposes, and you still need sparring to be able to apply the skills with proper timing, etc.)

Maybe Mike is holding back the "secrets of BJJ" on you so he can still one-up you on something.............. 

;-)

Adam

Shrimp, bridge, push, pull, sit up, lie back, spin, entwine

Mike doesn't know it yet.......but I haven't been teaching him my "good stuff" yet ;-) .....LOL!!!!