Did you lose any respect for Weidman?

Enson Yamato Inoue -

Yes. He wasn't true and tried to use the rules for an easy way out both during the fight and after the knee. A good fighter but far from a warrior at heart.

^^^^ This dude never looked for a way out or gamed the rules

da Vinci 81 -

No, he didn't do anything wrong. The ref screwed up by stopping the fight and creating controversy where there shouldn't have been any. In fairness to Dan the knee looked illegal and were a milisecond away from being so if Weidman's hand hadn't lifted up at the last moment. 

I personally never thought it was illegal. I was saying from the first second that Gegard was getting screwed.

EnderinAK -

So this is pretty interesting.  Look at 1:15 of this video.  It appears both hands were down.  I said it when watching the fight and I will say it again Joe Rogan caused this replay business to happen.

Does it matter who first noticed the call was wrong?

LogProducer -

No but i'm glad he lost the fight. I don't think he faked being hurt going by the punch drunk chat with joe five minutes later. Sure, maybe he's whining a bit after but you can't expect a new yorker to not be a douche. He'll be back strong and go on another run

you can see it on embedded, he is mentally done.

EnderinAK -

So this is pretty interesting.  Look at 1:15 of this video.  It appears both hands were down.  I said it when watching the fight and I will say it again Joe Rogan caused this replay business to happen.

Palms or fists touching the ground = illegal

fingertips touching the ground = legal

ausgepicht -
EnderinAK - 

This has been covered all day long. Fingertips do NOT constitute hands down per the rules. It's palms or fists, not fingertips.

I didn't realize that, good to know.  

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
EnderinAK -

Does it matter who first noticed the call was wrong?

I don't know enough about the rule to say if it does.  I am glad they got the call right, I just don't know what is allowed since replay isn't allowed yet it seemed to me they changed the call based on replay.  I didn't realize fingertips didn't count for being a downed opponent so clearly I was wrong on that account.  

He obviously broke during that fight, and he was a little too clever by half. But I lost more respect for Cormier cheating before the fight even started, when he had a clear mind, potentially giving him an edge during a title fight because he avoided further weight cutting. At least Weidman was making quick decisions when he was hiurting. 

Was a bit let down when he said something along the lines of "Gegard shouldn't count that as a win" when he counted Anderson Silva's leg break as if it was part of his gameplan.

2JupitersTooMany -

He obviously broke during that fight, and he was a little too clever by half. But I lost more respect for Cormier cheating before the fight even started, when he had a clear mind, potentially giving him an edge during a title fight because he avoided further weight cutting. At least Weidman was making quick decisions when he was hiurting. 

This

Honestly, I've often found him unlikeable

ThatsHowIRoll -

Not really. 

It is a cut throat and short career as a fighter. When it came crunch time he elected to keep fighting but the commission were to blame for their decision making.

End of the day if I was rocked in a co main event in front of New York city I'd be milking the 5 minutes to get my wits back also.

He wanted a DQ win which is why the whole time he remained down milking it. He was sure it was a illegal knee and didn't want to fight on.

Only till after when told it was a legal knee did he realise that he got to fight on. A fighter to stop fighting over a legal knee is a reason to end the fight.

So it backfired on Chris and hopefully it prevents a lot of fighters milking situations like this for a cheap DQ win.

ThatsHowIRoll -
Enson Yamato Inoue -

Yes. He wasn't true and tried to use the rules for an easy way out both during the fight and after the knee. A good fighter but far from a warrior at heart.

Playing devils advocate here- Weidman thought the strikes were illegal because the ref said so.

If he was legitimately rocked and was advise the strikes were illegal, isn't it fair enough if he milked it? When the ref was corrected he offered to fight.

Yeah, ive started to think that way

Big moose fan & expected him to win on the feet after some failed/tired takedowns

If you're rocked & told you have 5 mins you're probably gonna take them.. the fact that Weidman thought it was February says a lot

Plus it's a stupid fucking rule that encourages fighters to not fight out of a bad spot

ThatsHowIRoll - 
Enson Yamato Inoue -

Playing devils advocate here- Weidman thought the strikes were illegal because the ref said so.

If he was legitimately rocked and was advise the strikes were illegal, isn't it fair enough if he milked it? When the ref was corrected he offered to fight.

But the damage he recieved was the same regardless if it was done ilegally or legally. When he thought he would get a DQ, he was hurt and when he realized it would be a TKO loss he was fine

That is the very definition of faking it. Because if he was really hurt then he wouldnt have been able to continue regardless of the legal definition of the knee

Yeah he tried to pull a fast one and it bit him in the ass, he should just accept it and move on.

The whole appeal thing makes it even worse.

We share the same bday, so he is always my boy.

Never had any lol

Yeah. That was pretty fucking gay.

Yes. Not only did he try gaming the system during the fight. But now knowing they were legal knees he's going to appeal his decision because they used instant replay and that isn't in the ny rules.

imo , you fucked up ,tried to scam a win &it didn't work. Accept your loss like a man and come out like a savage in your next fight. 

Getting the fight overturned more than likely won't change his position in the rankings or who his next matchup will be considering Dana White thinks he was on his way to a loss  if it didn't get stopped for the legal/illegal knee anyway.