Did your parents divorce?

And if so, how old were you and do you feel it has had much effect on your life or not really?

Just read that divorce rates are actually lower than they have been in the past. They were at their highest in the 70's and 80's, put going down a bit since then. But "the past", when the rates were highest, is when a lot of us were kids.

Divorced when I was 13 in 1983 One was heading one direction and the other was going in a different direction, when they asked who I wanted to go with I chose neither and moved in with an aunt so I could stay where my friends were. Turned out to be the wisest decision I ever made in my life.

Parents are in the middle of a divorce now. I am 31 years old. It has had almost no effect on me at all however they are not doing well individually and I have 7 and 9 year old little bro and sis. I would not put the scenario where my little bro and sis live with me for a bit out of the picture right now at which point this would effect me big time. 

It was before I can remember so like 3-4 maybe. My mom and grandmother did a great job with me, but I missed out on a lot of manly stuff like mechanics, building, that kind of shit. I can't even do basic maintenance on a toilet or a car. I was also directionless for quite a while, couldn't figure out what to do in life, kind of immature.

Parents divorced when I was about 6..... Never saw my dad again and grew up with no father figure or make role model.... It had a huge effect on my life.... Phone Post 3.0

When I was 11. Huge effect on my life, but that was perhaps more due to my mom's decision to split our family apart. She and I moved two hours away, leaving my dad and my older brother behind.

Had we all stayed in the same town I don't think it would have been nearly as bad.

I was 2. It fucked with me earlier in life but after the age of 8 or 9 I just accepted it and made the most of it. Phone Post 3.0

Evil Ash - I was 2. It fucked with me earlier in life but after the age of 8 or 9 I just accepted it and made the most of it. Phone Post 3.0
If anything it made me a better father to my sons Phone Post 3.0

I was like 15 or 16.

Surely it bothered me at the time but I don't remember being forever changed and destroyed. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, when I was around 13. It didn't have any real affect on me. Once I figured out that they were not getting back together, like my entire family was saying, I didn't have any problem. Phone Post 3.0

My parents divorced when I was 5 or 6. I believe it had nothing bjt positive effects on my life. Phone Post 3.0

My parents have been married for 48 years. One thing I've noticed is almost all of my closest friends parents are still married too. I've always wondered if there was a correlation. Phone Post 3.0

My parents divorced a couple years ago when I was 35-36. It was kind of weird, but expected.

I was 3 when they split, maybe 4 when it was final.

I do think it had a lasting negative effect on me as I got older, unfortunately.

when I was 4....

thanks for bringing it up DICK

yes, i was 13 and i was happy

when together there was always tension and i hated it, just waiting for another arguement to happen

everyone in the family had a better life once they divorced

I was 1. Divorce is all I know. Phone Post 3.0

My parents divorced when I was 2.

Lived with my mother and had no siblings.

Didnt see my dad to often growing up. Maybe one or 2 sundays a month.

Made me want the nice family life when I got older and luckily have that now.

Growing up it was tough though because my mother busted her ass to make sure we lived in a nicer area and EVERY friend of mine had parents who were still together.

I dont really think of it too much but it did kind of suck!

parents not divorced, but both live with different people.

happened when i was 27.  doesn't really affect too much.  i guess their loveless marriage made me have a weird outlook on affection, but it could be a lot worse.

That was weeks ago motherfucker.