Didnt get the job. Where do I look now?

So I have been working at the same computer company for a while now. Before that I spent 9 years as an insurance agent.

I applied to work for 911. Got into the testing and all that. My current boss found out and has laid me off starting in a few weeks.

Well I didnt get the 911 job. I now have a couple weeks before Im officially unemployed.

My poor stupid ass never went to college. My whole adult life from when I was 18 was in insurance. I got my license and started working right away because I got my high school sweetheart pregnant and wanted to provide. I have been looking for a new insurance job but now they are all asking for a bachelors degree for a decent position or I can apply as a csr making 9 bucks an hour.

9 bucks an hour isnt enough to remotely live off of. I feel fucking stuck. I have no idea what to do. I have still applied to the other positions talking about all the experience I have and what not but noone is interested.

How do you go about looking for a decent job now days? I have been out of the job hunting business to long.

Oh and I applied at the 911 job because the computer job i have has absolutely no benefits. No 401k no health insurance, no nothing. The 911 job has lots of benefits and actual room for real growth. Sucks for me though. I left the insurance job once the economy went really down here. They cut all our hours and made us take a %10 pay cut on top of that.

Hang in there bud, we have all been there

Praying God will lead you in the right direction.

How old are you? What kind of shape are you in? Phone Post 3.0

Move to a different area. The more remote the area the lower the requirements to be employed.

If you are in insurance and are fully licenced with experience you can work basically anywhere in the Midwest. With sells experience in insurance you should be able to land a job selling cars. Selling advertising is a pretty good gig as well.

Anything you can make a commission in should be your target job.

Any other skills op? What area do you reside? Phone Post 3.0

Btw I just went through a career change myself. Made a pretty penny in 4 months selling cars and purchased a share of a local gas station. I now work graveyard at the gas station and part time selling cars to eventually fund buying a bigger share of the gas station.

Get creative op:) don't take a minimum wage job unless absolutely needed.

Ask yourself how much you are worth an hour.

Btw a banking company moved their home base to my local town ans has been hiring non stop . Might have something in your area. Swbc (south West banking corporation? ??) Not sure about anything else about them but I do know it's a call center job paying 14hr+ some sort of bonus incentives Phone Post 3.0

heard that costco is paying 20+ an hour these days

Im in Mesa az. Lots of car dealerships are hiring but I hear thats a horrible horrible job.

stepslow - Move to a different area. The more remote the area the lower the requirements to be employed.

If you are in insurance and are fully licenced with experience you can work basically anywhere in the Midwest. With sells experience in insurance you should be able to land a job selling cars. Selling advertising is a pretty good gig as well.

Anything you can make a commission in should be your target job.

Any other skills op? What area do you reside? Phone Post 3.0

did tech support for a few years. Im pretty good with computers.

JCON - Hang in there bud, we have all been there

Praying God will lead you in the right direction.

How old are you? What kind of shape are you in? Phone Post 3.0

not sure what you mean by shape im in. Im 29, almost 30. mediocre physical shape. I have a heart problem that made me quit doing MMA. I still do jiu jitsu though!

Hoping the best for you brother maybe go to trades school Phone Post 3.0

Have you been applying for the insurance jobs, or just dismissing them because htey say they want a bachelor's?  

If I were an employer, 9 years experience would mean a fuckload more to me than a bachelor's degree

I work in a box plant. It's not a glorious job by any means, but the pay is decent and all if the jobs are easy. It's something you don't hear much about, but box plants are everywhere.

The lowest paying job where I work is at least $17/hr. If you can read a tape measure and will walk in the door every day, you can get a job. The hardest part is putting up with stupid & lazy people, but they're everywhere Phone Post 3.0

COSTCO! Phone Post 3.0