Diego Nightmare Still Sour Grapes About UFC Curtain Call

https://www.mmanews.com/news/diego-sanchez-still-longs-for-proper-ufc-send-off

1 Like

During a recent interview with BJPenn.com, Sanchez addressed his future as he prepares to feature in combat sports competition outside of MMA.
After noting that he misses making the walk in front of the UFC fanbase, the seven-time Fight of the Night winner expressed a desire to enter the Octagon one last time now that he’s returned to a “good place” in his life.

“It’s all in God’s hands. I really do miss my UFC fans. I’m going to hit up Dana to see if he can let me come for a visit,” Sanchez said. "We will see. UFC has evolved and adapted to a new sport, they don’t really like the older guys in there. They love building new talents. But like Jamahal Hill said, anything is possible. I would love to step into the Octagon one last time on my own terms, with the positive energy, with the love that I feel right now, the strength and the confidence, and just being a good place in my life.
“That is where I would want to step into the cage one last time. It would be nice, but I’m not promising anything. I really am excited working with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship,” Sanchez continued. “They work well with the fighters and are really working well with me, giving me this hometown fight in Albuquerque, New Mexico. So, we will see.”

For now, though, Sanchez will be focused on returning to winning ways in a new promotion. Many have voiced their concerns about the 41-year-old competing in the bare-knuckle sport, including commissioner Jerome O’Connell.
But at a hearing earlier this month, the New Mexico Athletic Commission approved the bout between Sanchez and Trout.

1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes

He ruined his own reputation by letting some random fraudster with no mma knowledge be both his coach and manager.

5 Likes

ufc kept him at least 5 years too long

3 Likes

He must’ve forgot how him and his fraud of a lover/manager were trying to sue the UFC. Lol

4 Likes

gillis fought a smart fight that night

1 Like

Too bad the way he let that fucked up little runt fuck up the end of his career. He had to have been the longest tenured fighter at the time…all gone.

2 Likes