Diego =Royce in UFC 1-3

How can you not have a ground game in MMA in this day
and age. Diego's two fights reminded me of Royce in
the early UFC's when very few practiced Jui-Jitsu,
once they were on the ground they didn't know what to
do and you knew the submission was a forgone
conclusion.

that's exactly what i was thinking, and these are the "best up and comers" in the nation......wow I should be in the next UFC then.

You are correct sir

so far

Has anyone rolled with Karelexis or Rafferty? They could really be as bad as they looked, can they?

Robin.

The same thought ran through my mind. Either some of these guys really suck on the ground, or Diego is some kind of monster.

Probably the former. They should have picked some better, more well-rounded fighters for the show.

I am 5,10" 165lbs. with absolutely no fighting training at all and I think I could have lasted as long (assuming Diego wanted to pound on me for a while instead of submit me right away, like he did to Josh R.)

That is a real sad fact.

"Has anyone rolled with Karelexis or Rafferty? They could really be as bad as they looked, can they?"
- I have rolled with Rafferty over a 100 times, and he is a million times better than he looked. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what happened.

Diego trys to be like Rickson though and not Royce.

He does Yoga, he has his spirit (aura), even facial expressions. He tries to close on opponents the same way, and uses the RNC.

Maybe he wanted to just go home and picked someone who would not really hurt him that bad.

Someone with any ground game would have at least secured the 1/2 guard position, instead he let diego pass to mount without trying to stop him..

"I am 5,10" 165lbs. with absolutely no fighting training at all and I think I could have lasted as long (assuming Diego wanted to pound on me for a while instead of submit me right away, like he did to Josh R.)

That is a real sad fact."

That is sad... that you think you could have lasted that long...

i don't disagree that josh looked bad (especially is mount defense), but believe me he is way better than that. Diego is a stud, and definitely contributed to josh's performance. Can you imagine if somebody like Sherk was on the show before he was well know? I have witnessed him make purple belts look like they have never been on the ground before.

I think Diego is just that good on the ground. Maybe Nathan, Josk K, and Kenny would have an answer to Diego's ground game.

Kenflo will give Diego a battle