Diego Sanchez on the "YES!", being a wierdo

When you fought Joe Stevenson and you were walking down to the Octagon, you kept shouting “Yes!” every few feet.  What was that about?

That’s a little Tony Robbins, mental conditioning, getting in the zone.  That’s just me getting my mind ready to go so there’s not a thought in my mind other than me taking out my opponent.  That’s what I was doing...

You’re known as one of the weirder, quirkier characters in MMA.  Does it bother you for people to think you’re strange?

[laughs] Come on, does it bother me?  No way.  I’m me.  I don’t give a shit what anybody thinks.  

Do you think you’re strange?

I’ve always been myself.  From the time I was on the show to now, I’m an open-minded individual.  That’s why people look at me like that.  It’s because unfortunately, we live in a world of close-minded individuals who aren’t open to the real possibilities of reality.  Me, I keep my faith in Jesus Christ and that’s my stronghold, but this is a big universe we live in and there a limitless possibilities.  I keep an open mindset and I bring my confidence and experience into the ring with me and that’s what you see when you watch me.  That’s why now I’m ready for my title shot.

Read the rest of our interview with Diego here.

Maia should have to grapple Sanchez before being allowed to fight for the UFC, let alone the title.

lol

Banana Hands approves of this thread.

Soup and Beer -  Banana Hands approves of this thread.

+100

YES!!!!!!!