Diego Sanchez " Uno Mas "

![](upload://ofAouDhGKpxTGkcF78RuOivX6PB.jpeg)

Diego Sanchez is nearly ready to call it a career.

The former Ultimate Fighter season one cast member and ex-title contender appears ready to retire from competition after he competes one more time in the UFC octagon.

Sanchez made the announcement over Twitter where he revealed plans for his future.

“It’s my last fight,” Sanchez wrote. “My heart path has changed. It’s time to heal not hurt! One more nightmare to give. It is honestly in Dana White’s hands who I fight. I have no choice in it nor do the matchmakers.

Sanchez has been a stalwart of the UFC since joining the promotion in 2005 when he won the inaugural season of the long-running reality show by defeating Kenny Florian.

Since that time, the 39-year-old veteran has competed in multiple weight including welterweight, lightweight and featherweight. He fought for a UFC title only one time during his career, which was ultimately a loss to B.J. Penn at UFC 107 back in 2009.

Of course, Sanchez has never been shy about facing the best possible competition in the world while sitting in the top 10 for the most wins in UFC history while also earning seven Fight of the Night awards during his career.

In recent years, Sanchez has returned to his old stomping grounds at 170 pounds where he’s gone 3-2 in his past five fights including wins over Mickey Gall and Craig White.

Most recently, Sanchez dropped a unanimous decision to Jake Matthews at UFC 253 this past September.

“Really after everything I have sacrificed to the game, [why do you think] I want to fight with everything I have to earn one last time on the mic!” Sanchez wrote in response to a fan on Twitter. “To spit my truth! I’m willing to die for my last moment, that’s why it will be so epic.”

At this time, Sanchez hasn’t been booked against any particular opponent but it appears he’s adamant in his decision to compete one last time before hanging up his gloves for good.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/1/11/22224948/diego-sanchez-reveals-plans-for-one-more-fight-before-retirement

![Diego Sanchez has 'secret wisdoms of the universe' that stop aging - MMAmania.com](upload://l1hmvWijFk1kmtJo9TOgR11BHlD.jpeg)

fair play to the guy. he gets a lot of shit for seeing things his own way, but he is one of the larger building blocks on which the modern sport is founded. he has bashed people and bled his fair share. hope he leaves rich and famous.

hope he's not back in 2 years 'feeling better than ever' due to fraud.

3 Likes

Nightmare vs Chimaev!!!!

1 Like

Nick Diaz!!! That would be magic :) 

Have him fight Nate instead of Nick this time.

2 Likes

![Diego Sanchez - The original savage with plenty left to give | SportsJOE.ie](upload://oMoxvndXZAkzlrJUTdZSV0j2reZ.jpeg)

2 Likes

I know the UFC likes to match up legends with up and comers. 

But please, for fucks sake, Diego has given us some of the all-time legendary fights. Give him a legend to go out on. 

2 Likes
Charles Barkley - 

I know the UFC likes to match up legends with up and comers. 

But please, for fucks sake, Diego has given us some of the all-time legendary fights. Give him a legend to go out on. 

VU CB

Whatever you think of his odd behavior and views on certain things, Diego is no doubt deserving of the Hall of Fame and legend status. 

2 Likes
JitzInMyPants - 

Whatever you think of his odd behavior and views on certain things, Diego is no doubt deserving of the Hall of Fame and legend status. 

absalutely

Bring back Dan hardy and let them both go out in a blaze of glory

One of my favorite fighters to watch. Legend indeed.

Rematch with Kenny Florian!

Definitely a future hall of famer... but... he should have retired a year or two ago. He doesn't even show up in shape anymore and his last two fights weren't really that competitive. Joshua got into his head and rewired something things, nothing that was beneficial. If they don't give him another fighter at his level, I just see some up and coming guy going in there and getting a easy W off of Diego. A final match again Clay makes the most sense, that would be the fight the fans want as well. 

I really hope he invested his money wisely and can retire properly. If anyone deserves to retire in peace, it's him.

1 Like

Are he and Cowboy too close to fight?

It would be a good payday, and they are both gamers who would not take it personally.

Bring Penn back for a rematch. Winner and loser retire.