DIEGO WIN BONUS AMOUNT ?

anyone have the info ?

I’m totally going off of what I think I remember with zero facts but I thought one of his fights in the not so distant past was 150,000/150,000

At UFC 235 back in March if 2019 it was 99k/99k (quick google search)...so assuming it is at least that but probably a little more 

The ref was basically asking him do you want an extra hundred grand or not

4 Likes

100k/100k min it seems plus hes at the top of the reebok deal also.

You know, Pereira looked to be a huge 170.

They literally looked to be in different weight classes.

Sanchez took it too him but how the hell did he make 170?

If the win bonus is 100K, it's easy to see why he took the opportunity for the DQ win. Smart choice. 

HTMNDN - 

The Rebbok money is really, really, really not big

I have been trying to find the purses but maybe New Mexico doesn’t post them. I guessed it was 100k/100k at least. He knew he wasn’t winning, and I think he was asking the ref if it would be a DQ win or if they would go to the scorecards. The ref wouldn’t say - and wouldn’t let him talk to his corner, so I think he crossed his fingers and hopes for the best. 

BuddyRevell - 

If the win bonus is 100K, it's easy to see why he took the opportunity for the DQ win. Smart choice. 

This.

When you fight for a living and your career is winding down, taking an extra $100,000 is a wise decision.

2 Likes
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
HTMNDN - 

The Rebbok money is really, really, really not big

oh I know this for sure. wrote many 50k plus checks for shorts shirts and hats in single fights that the guys could then add even more logos for money to. its gross what thye pay the guys now for full 360 coverage.

whats the reebok payscale again ? top guys make 20k I think.

#UFCRioRancho pic.twitter.com/7Lb6wxhVMz

— Jed I. Goodman (@jedigoodman) February 16, 2020

I swear everything he was doing from his warmup to his wacky talk to the hand fighting stance is something I learned from taking some whack japanes jujitsu/wing chung hybrid. Its kind of weirf that hes finding TMA long after learning the real shit. And its weird how he thinks this weird TMA guy has srcret knowledge from anxient masters. Its like Diego has gone backwards intead of forward. 

Win bonus was I think 107k.

1 Like

Diego was talking about blood streaming into his eye, but there was no blood anywhere near his eye. Diego might as well retire after that one. Take that bonus as a retirement check. And the UFC should cut that Periera clown. He’s clearly not a professional. He’s out there looking for some kind of attention he wasn’t given as a child, desperate to be liked, so much so he’s out here doing pointless backflips onto his opponent. Giving up position, fighting like a dumbass and gassing. His focus isn’t on winning the fight. He’s too busy worrying about his circus act to be a pro fighter. Cut that dude.. he’s obviously not in control of his weapons, he’s just a dude seeking validation and approval from ppl, instead of focusing on the ultimate objective in the cage...WIN THE FIGHT. Save the showboating for after you win. That way if you injure yourself like Johnny Walker did doing the worm, it won’t cost you another L. Most talented idiot I’ve ever seen in the UFC.

He doesn’t have many more 100k paydays so he was wise to sell the injury

God  I love Diego. Hes been entertaining me for like 18 years. Fuck it, the other guy made a mistake and Diego took the W and the $100k. Good for him. Hes proven hes not afraid of anything and beem through wars already

2 Likes
Tim Duncan - 

This makes me wonder, how many fights left on his current contract? I feel like this might be his last deal with the UFC. 

Erik Apple - 

God  I love Diego. Hes been entertaining me for like 18 years. Fuck it, the other guy made a mistake and Diego took the W and the $100k. Good for him. Hes proven hes not afraid of anything and beem through wars already

Exactly... There are lots of fighters with somthing to prove, Diego is NOT one of them.

4 Likes
BuddyRevell -
Tim Duncan - 

This makes me wonder, how many fights left on his current contract? I feel like this might be his last deal with the UFC. 

The UFC is so cheap that this dude who finally is making 100k+ to show and that again to win is probably going to cut him after his next loss, and match him up against some young cheap dude to ensure he loses. 

That might have been the plan on the weekend - but every so often they lose.Â