Diet suggestions please...

I am a natural endomorph and am trying to get my body fat % down and need help with my diet. About 4.5 months ago I was 235lbs. and have since dropped to 195 lbs. but still have a fair amount of fat in the midsection among other places. I am 22 yrs old, 6 ft. tall, & using the Navy Circumference method I found out I have 18% body fat level. What would be a good body fat %? I just want to make sure my diet is right for my goal.

Meal 1 - 3 egg whites scrambled, protien shake (1 scoop whey w/ water), Blueberries, 1 bannana

3 hrs between meals

Meal 2 - Protien shake, Salad, 1 Apple

3 hrs between meals

Meal 3 - Protien Shake, 1 serving soy nuts

2 hrs between meals

Meal 4 - Protien Shake, Healthly Choice meal

2 hrs. between meals

Meal 5 - Protien Shake, Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast

2 hrs. between meals

Meal 6 - Protien Shake, 1 serving Cottage Cheese

I usually do 45 min. of cardio first thing when I wake up (about 1.5 hrs before Meal 1)and lift about a half an hour after Meal 4. Is there something I should change? Any help would be appreciated.

If you've already lost forty pounds in just over four months you are on the right track. Keep up the hard work and dedication and the gains will continue.

Best in Health and Training, J. R.

thanks for the support JRS! I have not been using this diet the last 4 months. When I lost all the weight, I was eating about 1,000 cal. a day and doing 20 min. cardio instead of 45 min.

My problem is that I don't want to loose lean body mass, just fat. I was afraid the lack of calories in my other diet was making me loose muscle. I just want to burn the fat off my body until I get to a lower body fat%. What would be a good body fat % for someone with my body type, height, and age? I am not concerned about being a body builder, I just want to be as fit as I can be.

Again, thanks for the supportive response. Trust me I could use all the support I can get. Eating right everyday is not always easy!!

You are definitley are on the right track. As far as bodyfat % goes, if you are peaking for athletic competition 6-8% would be good, in general 10-12 is a great goal.

Unless it's really an issue of convienience, I would try replacing some of those protein shakes with real food (Egg whites, meat, cottage cheese etc.)

I don't have a definitive opinion on the matter but there is some research about the health hazards of soy, so the soy nuts may be an issue

Also, I personally like some more veggies, but that's me. It gets good carbs in and keeps me healthy

Also, try to add some 'good' fats i.e nuts, olive oil etc.

Other then that it looks incredibly sound.

Good luck!

-Nick

thanks wiggum. I can get these "Omega 3" capsules at the grocery store that you are supposed to take 2 times per day. I may start buying these because I don't think I can handle taking oil straight.

What do you think about green tea? Is it good for before a workout? The reason I ask is I have a hard time getting energy in the morning to do 45 min. of cardio.