Diet Survey

I'd be interested to see some peoples responses and reasons to a few questions,

1 - Do you drink Milk or have any types of dairy products.

2 - Do you avoid Pasta, Potato, Rice, Bread?

3 - What proportion of each meals would be divided into Meat/Veg/Carbs

4 - Do you drink Coffee? How many cups per day?

5 - Do you avoid Chocolate/Confectionary or any type of sugar in general.

6 - what do you try/prefer to eat for breakfast and what affect do feel this has on the first half of your day?

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks

1 - Do you drink Milk or have any types of dairy products?

Yes. Semi-skimmed milk in my porridge or cereal at breakfast. One casein protein shake before bed. When gaining weight I also drink a glass of milk and have 2/3 protein shakes per day. Occasionally I will have cheese in sandwiches or cream on a dessert.

2 - Do you avoid Pasta, Potato, Rice, Bread?

No. But the amounts I have vary according to my aims. I always have a larger amount (than usual) before a workout or training. However, I'm currently trying a dextrose tablet before training instead of larger portions. But  always brown/wholewheat/wholemeal.

3 - What proportion of each meals would be divided into Meat/Veg/Carbs?

It varies through the day. Currently I'm losing weight so reduce carbs as the day goes on. I always have a protein source with every meal, usually cooked meat or eggs. Handful of veg or salad with 3 of my 6 meals per day. Snack on fruit.

4 - Do you drink Coffee? How many cups per day?

No coffee. I don't like the taste. Very occassionally I will have a can of coke if I'm tired.

5 - Do you avoid Chocolate/Confectionary or any type of sugar in general?

Yes I try to. But I have a sweet tooth and sometimes have a small chocolate bar. Its much easier to avoid when you don't buy it in the first place.

6 - What do you try/prefer to eat for breakfast and what affect do feel this has on the first half of your day?

Porridge with semi-skimmed milk and raisins on top. Or museli with a banana on top. Always some form of cereal and one or two pieces of fruit. Occasionally plain wholemeal toast and scrambled eggs. Drink water.

I have a quick metabolism. Porridge can keep me full for up to 2 hours in the morning. Museli doesn't fill me up for as long, maybe 60-90 minutes. Toast and scrambled eggs isn't too filling but variety is good. I have 5 or 6 small meals per day so I have breakfast, then another meal (usually omolette/egg based) a few hours later and lunch around normal lunch time. I train or workout in the evenings and wake up a little hungry but this method works for me.