Dieting Questions....specifics

Quick question for those who really know their stuff.

I've gotten mixed reviews on both of these questions, so I thought I would see what some people had to say here.

A)  I use a fat free dressing as part of a marinade for a chicken recipe that I make.  I was scoping out the nutritional facts and it says that there is 0 grams of fat which is good (I get some fats elsewhere), but if you look at the ingredients,  it has High Fructose Corn Syrup (big negative).

If you look at normal italian dressing, it has 12 grams of fat per serving, but no High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Which one would you choose and why?

B)  I like to eat eggs a lot.  I've heard some say eat just egg whites, I've read to eat mostly egg whites with a couple of yolks, and still more that say, eat the whole egg, the cholesterol is good for you.  Supposedly this one guy said that the cholesterol in egg yolks helps your body to get rid of the bad type of cholesterol.

Anyone know which is the best solution?

If it helps at all, my main focus for this diet is to maintain and/or increase muscle gains, but losing/keeping off some fat.

All tips are greatly appreciated.

Quick question for those who really know their stuff.

I've gotten mixed reviews on both of these questions, so I thought I would see what some people had to say here.

A)  I use a fat free dressing as part of a marinade for a chicken recipe that I make.  I was scoping out the nutritional facts and it says that there is 0 grams of fat which is good (I get some fats elsewhere), but if you look at the ingredients,  it has High Fructose Corn Syrup (big negative).

If you look at normal italian dressing, it has 12 grams of fat per serving, but no High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Which one would you choose and why?

B)  I like to eat eggs a lot.  I've heard some say eat just egg whites, I've read to eat mostly egg whites with a couple of yolks, and still more that say, eat the whole egg, the cholesterol is good for you.  Supposedly this one guy said that the cholesterol in egg yolks helps your body to get rid of the bad type of cholesterol.

Anyone know which is the best solution?

If it helps at all, my main focus for this diet is to maintain and/or increase muscle gains, but losing/keeping off some fat.

All tips are greatly appreciated.

Regarding the salad dressing, the fatty one has 100 cals in it from fat alone. Thats pretty bad. On the other hand corn syrup is some of the worst shit. Kind of depends how much you're using and how many cals are in the fat-free one. Imo the real answer is improvise something better or switch recipes.

I eat whole eggs all the time. But it depends on the context though, imo. If your diet is otherwise healthy/lower in saturated fat and you aren't overweight/unhealthy I say go for it.

Thanks guys.

The recipe I use for the dressing is to marinade the chicken before I grill it.  I put in peppers, onions, garlic, lots of lime juice and lemon, plus a little bit of italian dressing.  I make some whole grain Brown rice and a side salad for a super tasty meal.....I season up the whole grain rice to add some flavor and spices to it....Pretty freaking good.

I've lost tons of weight even though I was eating my chicken that way, but I was curious as to the specifics about it.

"The fat will help to slow down the metabolism of the rest of the food. Don't go hog wild and start deep frying your chicken but completely restricting far is not a great idea unless you're under orders from a Doctor to do so."

Yeah, my GF pretty much said the same thing...She said it was probably better to use the normal italian dressing than to have the fat free stuff because of the High Fructose Corn Syrup.

She said, fat free diets can actually make you fatter.

Yeah, she also said that cutting out all fat and all carbs wasn't a good idea either.  Your body needs some fats, which I understand, but I was wondering where and when to cut out some fat.

I usually get my fat in the afternoon, from a protein bar or two slices of whole grain bread with peanut butter spread over it.

Just enough to give me the energy I need without overloading my stomach before training.

I'm not an expert but I'm thinking you should really make a choice between gaining muscle and losing fat... Hard to give advice otherwise, and going for both goals, although possible, is slow unless you're a newb.

Sultans already an experienced MMA fighter & dropped 100lbs or something ridiculous, from memory, he definately doesnt need to bulk. What div are you aiming for?

Q1) Neither, theres more & better products out there
Q2) get omega 3 eggs & eat the whole damn thing

SJFou - Sultans already an experienced MMA fighter & dropped 100lbs or something ridiculous, from memory, he definately doesnt need to bulk. What div are you aiming for?

Q1) Neither, theres more & better products out there

Q2) get omega 3 eggs & eat the whole damn thing

Thanks man.

For Q1, do you recommend some products off the top of your head?  I guess in my recipe, I could just get rid of the dressing altogether and just up the lime juice.

Q2)  Where can I find those?  A specialty store?

Make your own salad dressing... olive oil, vinegar and spices.

I prefer to put salsa on my salads for a healthy dressing.

id take the dressing with the fat, obviously in moderation over high fructose corn syrup, that shit is bad

JKennedy - Omega 3 eggs are in the same counter where you buy the regular ones.

I didn't even realize that I already had a bunch of them at the house.  My GF buys them because she's in to that type of food so whenever she cooks for me, that's what I was eating, lol.

I cant recommend much mate, im in Australia, we're deprived of all the good stuff :(