Difference between Kayla Mueller vs Rachel Corrie?

Honest question. I know this thread will inevitably descend into namecalling, but I'd like to read some answers. Both women were very much pro-Palestinian and went to the region to work with ISM to help Palestinians.

Kayla Mueller was captured by ISIS and apparently killed by Jordanian airstrikes.

Rachel Corrie was killed by Israelis (intentionally ran over by a bulldozer).

Yet, while Rachel Corrie's death has been ridiculed (e.g., she has even been called "Bulldozer girl"), Kayla Mueller is being called a hero.

Why the inconsitency, OG?

Futile request: please remain civil

One was held captive and murdered, the other stood in front of heavy equipment and was hippydozed.

In before shitstorm.

White347LX - One was held captive and murdered, the other stood in front of heavy equipment and was hippydozed.

Not sure what your point is.

Also, who murdered Kayla Mueller? The Jordanian airforce?

By your logic, wasn't Rachel Corrie murdered by the bulldozer operator?

Hippiedozer term came from this. Corrie was trying to help Palastinian terrorist families directly and put herself in front of a bulldozer to save a suicide bombers house from getting demolished. She was aiding people that cheered when 9/11 happened and a member of a communist group ISM. I don't see where Mueller was a communist. She was working for Doctor's without Borders when she was captured and they are a legit charity kinda like the Red Cross (even though Red Crescent vehicles are commandeered by terrorists occasionally). I don't think either are heroes or Jane Fondas. Just young idealistic kids who paid the price for their idealism.

Never heard of Rachel Corrie till this thread. Phone Post 3.0

The People's Knee - 
White347LX - One was held captive and murdered, the other stood in front of heavy equipment and was hippydozed.

Not sure what your point is.

Also, who murdered Kayla Mueller? The Jordanian airforce?

By your logic, wasn't Rachel Corrie murdered by the bulldozer operator?

How can you not see the point? One was kidnapped and murdered. The other committed suicide by bulldozer. Night and day difference, IMO.

antifret - Hippiedozer term came from this. Corrie was trying to help Palastinian terrorist families directly and put herself in front of a bulldozer to save a suicide bombers house from getting demolished. She was aiding people that cheered when 9/11 happened and a member of a communist group ISM. I don't see where Mueller was a communist. She was working for Doctor's without Borders when she was captured and they are a legit charity kinda like the Red Cross (even though Red Crescent vehicles are commandeered by terrorists occasionally). I don't think either are heroes or Jane Fondas. Just young idealistic kids who paid the price for their idealism.

Not sure how the communism thing is relevant, but both worked for ISM. Mueller went to work for Doctors without Borders after she worked with the ISM.

Hero is a stupid word too. Kayla had alot of time on her hands and some disposable income and a view that "we are all one" or some shit. Lots of people go abroad to help other people. Hell, EY is some english teacher in china iirc. He a hero too? After all he's helping poor people get out of poverty and get a decent job. Lotta people would go abroad and live in exotic lands (i'd choose to help the poor in Thailand or the Phillipines personally and let the muslims rot) if we didn't have responsibilities at home. Doesn't make them heroes. These girls were doing what they thought was right is all and got killed. Rachel Corries death was more worthy of ridicule because she assumed someone would stop the bulldozer just because she was in front of it. Like those dumbass Occupy types. They heroes too? They changed the world too right?

My apologies. Just assumed the ISM was something really similar to the ISO. While the same people support both I don't see any indication that the ISM is a commie group. Just some kinda palastinian nonsense. I was once pro-palastinian when I was younger. It's a trendy thing to be if you're an idealistic leftist. Then I met some real Palestinians and saw them for what they were.

antifret - Hero is a stupid word too. Kayla had alot of time on her hands and some disposable income and a view that "we are all one" or some shit. Lots of people go abroad to help other people. Hell, EY is some english teacher in china iirc. He a hero too? After all he's helping poor people get out of poverty and get a decent job. Lotta people would go abroad and live in exotic lands (i'd choose to help the poor in Thailand or the Phillipines personally and let the muslims rot) if we didn't have responsibilities at home. Doesn't make them heroes. These girls were doing what they thought was right is all and got killed. Rachel Corries death was more worthy of ridicule because she assumed someone would stop the bulldozer just because she was in front of it. Like those dumbass Occupy types. They heroes too? They changed the world too right?

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure why her death is being seen as more noble / tragic. That's my point. 

antifret - My apologies. Just assumed the ISM was something really similar to the ISO. While the same people support both I don't see any indication that the ISM is a commie group. Just some kinda palastinian nonsense. I was once pro-palastinian when I was younger. It's a trendy thing to be if you're an idealistic leftist. Then I met some real Palestinians and saw them for what they were.

What I'm saying is that both of them went there to work for the same organization (whether it's communist, radical Islam, etc.). This fact was repeatedly raised and used to minimize, ridicule, etc Rachel Corrie's death, but no one is saying much about it in connection with Kayla Mueller.

Tragic because she was being held captive, possibly in a forced marriage to some ISIS commander. We don't know how she was killed, but it's safe to say she would not have been killed if she had not been kidnapped.

Antifret is correct.

Working at a hospital and helping people who don't have shit to do with shit who are injured is gonna be looked upon more favorably than someone who goes to protest a strong US ally dealing with terrorism the best way they know how.

antifret - My apologies. Just assumed the ISM was something really similar to the ISO. While the same people support both I don't see any indication that the ISM is a commie group. Just some kinda palastinian nonsense. I was once pro-palastinian when I was younger. It's a trendy thing to be if you're an idealistic leftist. Then I met some real Palestinians and saw them for what they were.

No worries.

FWIW, I 've met some real Palestinians as well here in the US and they've been nothing but good, normal people and have even been students in my BJJ academy - all this even though they knew of my Jewish heriatge.

Small correction. EY lives in Texas. Phone Post 3.0

antifret - Working at a hospital and helping people who don't have shit to do with shit who are injured is gonna be looked upon more favorably than someone who goes to protest a strong US ally dealing with terrorism the best way they know how.

This is my suspicion, but I wanted to hear what others had to say. 

Both women were of the same mindset politically with respect to Palestinians, but one was killed by Israelis and the other was killed after being kidnapped by ISIS.

Weird that the nationality of their killers plays a role in the legacy of these women.

By the way, if my facts are wrong in any of this, I will happily and eagerly accept corrections. 

One stood in front of a bulldozer on her free will.

One supposedly got nuked in a attack against her free will.

antifret - Hippiedozer term came from this. Corrie was trying to help Palastinian terrorist families directly and put herself in front of a bulldozer to save a suicide bombers house from getting demolished. She was aiding people that cheered when 9/11 happened and a member of a communist group ISM. I don't see where Mueller was a communist. She was working for Doctor's without Borders when she was captured and they are a legit charity kinda like the Red Cross (even though Red Crescent vehicles are commandeered by terrorists occasionally). I don't think either are heroes or Jane Fondas. Just young idealistic kids who paid the price for their idealism.
Who cheered on 9/11? If you say Palestinians, i will laugh in your naive face. That footage was admitted to be bogus. Phone Post 3.0