Dimitri Shirganov

Who is Dimitri Shirganov?

He trains out of Borodin's Muay Thai, Brooklyn, NY.

VLADIMIR BORODIN
USKBA Director of Muay Thai, Promoter
Borodin's Kickboxing Gym
2209 Avenue Z / Brooklyn NY 11235 / 718-332-7993
MuayThaiNY@aol.com / www.borodinsgym.com

Vladimir Borodin was born in Russia in 1963. At the age of 6, he began training in boxing, then sambo and swimming. At the age of 14, he began training in kyokushin karate. By the age of 17, he took 1st place at the National Karate Tournament in Leningrad. At the age of 20, he won top honors at the Third Soviet Union Karate Championships. While in the Soviet Army, he won 6 Championship Titles in different weight divisions. In 1989, he traveled to Holland to train in Muay Thai and became the first USSR Muay Thai Association President in 1990. In 1991, he arrived in New York to begin training champions. His students include Muay Thai World Champion Moti Horenstein, US Champion Steven Berkolayko, Extreme Fighting Champion Igor Zinoviev and US Muay Thai Champion Greg Flitsanov. In 1998, he received honors as The Trainer of Year by the USMTA. Mr. Borodin has trained under Masters such as Thom Harinck (Holland), Tony Moore (England), Master Pimu (Thailand), Marco DeCezaris (Italy), Gene Fabrikant (Russia) and Vut Kamnark (USA).

Dima Shirganov

Name: Dima Shirganov 
DOB:12/11/86
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 155lbs

Fights:10
Wins:8
Lost:1
Draws:1
KO: 0

His last fight was at the Battle do Brooklyn - www.battleofbrooklyn.com where he won the USKBA supermiddleweight championship (I don't know if the record - off the school's website - above reflects that yet)

Thx, Steve. I guess his DOB is a typo on their site?

Oh yeah, nice to see you in Grappling.

That was my typo....LOL! I copied from the website :o)

Thanks. Grappling has been very supportive of us. I am very thankful to them.

Michael and Doug seem to be good people.

Dimitri looks VERY different in recent pictures.

Much more matured! LOL

Is that Michael, Doug and/or Dimitri?

I don't know about mIchael or Doug. Dima and Dimitri are the same name.

OK

Joseph, Dimitry just fought in the Battle of Brooklyn. he won the USKBA United States Super Middleweight Muay Thai Championship there. there are plenty of recent photos of him up at http://www.battleofbrooklyn.com/apps/photos/fall_2005/default.aspx

Thx.

I'd add he and Eric Utsch were supposed to fight in the tournament, until Eric's injury.

Uhm... Eric was to fight in what tournament?

Eric and Dimitri are scheduled to fight this Friday in NYC.

they were scheduled to fight for that same title in the BAttle of Brooklyn. Eric was injured prior to the fight sparring at Fairtex from a headbutt.

Results are in... Shirganov over Utsch by UD.

LOL... yeah, that photo must be from his first fight at 14. A little deceiving.

Hey Joseph, do you represent Utsch?

I do not officially represent any fighter.

IndyWrestlingPA@aol.com