Dino Costeas

Does he still teach in the Chicago area? If so, what belt rank is he now? Is he still affiliated with Rickson Gracie's association? I ask because I didn't see him listed on Rickson's site. Thanks.

As far as I know he is still in Chicago, he is a brown belt, not sure about the affiliation.

ttt for someone with more info than me!

He's no longer with Rickson. I don't know anything about his rank, but
I hear he spends most of his time training no-gi these days anyway.

He's teaching at POW Kickboxing.

www.powkickboxing.com

POW! Director of Jiu Jitsu

Dino Costeas

The Official Rickson Gracie Representative

Dino Costeas has 20 years experience in the Martial Arts and 12 years as a successful Instructor. He is the founder of A.M.A. (American Martial Arts), the head Jiu-Jitsu Instructor an Fitness Trainer of Iron Fist International and POW! Mixed Martial Arts Facility. Within the last 8 years he has situated himself as the most respected Jiu-Jitsu and Submission instructor in Chicago, training multiple Midwest Jiu-Jitsu and Full Contact Submission Champions.

Dino himself is a Chicago Full Contact Submission Champion. His knowledge and experience has also lead him to help train U.F.C and World Shidokon Winners and the Russian Heavyweight Sambo Champion. Dino began his training in 1994 at the Rickson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in West Los Angeles and has traveled to Brazil to learn more about the art. He has been a member of Rickson's Associaton since it was formed. He continues to support the development and dedication of Jiu-Jitsu, staying loyal to the Rickson Gracie International Jiu-Jitsu Association.

Dino Costeas is more than just a Rickson Gracie representative. He is a martial artist with experience in boxing, hapkido and kickboxing. He is an accomplished Black Belt who integrates his experience in all of these styles with jui jitsu to create well rounded fighters and students.Dino has superb teaching skills, loyal students and a motivating style of teaching.

If you are interested in reading more about Rickson Gracie and his association go to www.rickson.com.

Students of the school that are regular students of the JJS program must become a member of the Rickson Gracie Association. You can process your membership online or fax your application in - it is $35.00 a year - http://www.rickson.com/association/student-app.html

That was directly from the POW website. FYI

i believe that is old...

he's not directly under Rickson now.

it said so in a recent article in TAPOUT or Ultimate Grappling, not sure which one, but definitely in there.

Is he a black belt now? Awesome!I learned BJJ with him back when he had a school on Archer. He was a blue belt back then.