Dino's in Arctic Are WARM BLOODED!

This blew my mind...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/arcticdino/program.html

Any thoughts?

What's the signifgance?

i was told that dino's are reptiles and cold blooded, did you not get taught that in school?

Sure.  But what are the implications?  That evolutionary science got it wrong AGAIN?  No suprise there

I'll have to think about that...I really didn't have an agenda other than to share what was news to me.

Cool.  I was just seeing if I was missing something other than the fact that they were wrong again.  Thanks for posting

Dinosaurs are not like today's reptiles. Evolutionary Biologists tell 6 year old that Dinosaurs are like reptiles because that's all we expect of them (which I think is a mistake but besides the point). Similarly, when a child asks about his hair/eye color, most ppl give a very general genetic explanation- its all we expect them to be able to grasp. Dinosaurs are not reptiles, they are cousins of reptiles but display numerous characteristics of birds (which are warm blooded). btw- there have been published documents on this since the late 1970s so either your text books are really old, or your over 35 and missed the jump in the science.

MS

martial_shadow - Dinosaurs are not like today's reptiles. Evolutionary Biologists tell 6 year old that Dinosaurs are like reptiles because that's all we expect of them (which I think is a mistake but besides the point). Similarly, when a child asks about his hair/eye color, most ppl give a very general genetic explanation- its all we expect them to be able to grasp. Dinosaurs are not reptiles, they are cousins of reptiles but display numerous characteristics of birds (which are warm blooded). btw- there have been published documents on this since the late 1970s so either your text books are really old, or your over 35 and missed the jump in the science.

MS

ms makes a great point...i went through the catholic school system which was really good in my area and graduated with a bs in science and ms in engineering from purdue in 89...the discovery and jumps in science since then are amazing

these are really exciting times for science...the study of our universe, the origin of life, evolution, and especially all the discovery involving dna

wow the list goes on and on...i try and learn new things every day and can't keep up with it all

anyone know anything about the super collider in Europe? When are the experiments going to happen?

I don't know but if they find the Higgs particle (unlikely but still) we will jump ahead in physics the way we did with Bohr, Einstein and Openheimer.

cant wait...

martial_shadow - I don't know but if they find the Higgs particle (unlikely but still) we will jump ahead in physics the way we did with Bohr, Einstein and Openheimer.

Most feel physics is at a standstill, Koestler remarked upon this in, The Sleepwalkers years ago. What breakthrough in physics are you talking about, make believe Dark Matter, the Black Hole fantasy? What exactly?

Particle physics and Cosmology are at a stand still because or tools of measurement are barely capable of detecting the things we are talking about. As technology progresses, it will be easier to test.

Black holes hae ben observed a few times- nothing theoretical about them anymore.

Dark mater is made up of several types of matter, one of which has been documented.

We only got the technology to find extra-solar planets in the last 5 years (but in that time have found dozens of planets, a few capable of supporting life as we understand it).

On the other hand, physics applied to nanotech has been exploding and about once a month a major breaththrough occurs. If we can get some cheap nanotech, no one can even imagine what will happen (see: The Engines of Creations).

MS

I agree with the nanotech stuff...I wish I had money to invest cause I put all my cash into some form of it.