Discrediting a fighter when he beats your mancrush

I've been noticing a pattern lately. A lot of people here didn't give Rory a chance in hell, saying that Penn is going to destroy him. Rory dominates for five rounds, but some people came in here saying "I'm not impressed. Rory should've finished him on the second, he's not a finisher".

I noticed the same thing with JDS. I'm a fan of both Cain and JDS, and I wanted Cain to win because I want a trilogy. LOTS of folks overlooked Cain, saying he'll get knocked the fuck out again. Now that he wins, I see some guys here saying the same thing "Poor JDS, but Cain's not a finisher, he should've finished earlier than that".

The UG is full of idiots.

You really can't be surprised that many here do nothing but complain.

^ what they said.

Complaining about the complainers

And here I am complaining about the complainers that complained about the other complainers

People back their guy.  You're wrong if you don't back my guy and I'm wrong if I don't back yours.  Nothing wrong with that.

I'll know you just don't get it and are so fucking wrong it's crazy how wrong you are.  Fact.

You'll know I just don't get it and will think it's crazy how fucking wrong I am, but that's just because you're wrong.

No shame in backing your boy, even though I'm right and you're wrong and everyone is stupid not to realize that only the fighters I want to win should win.  Fucking noobs.

You'll probably feel the same way, but with an incorrect point of view if it doesn't agree with mine.  If it's the same as my view you're right too and we can stop talking about it.

There have been many people that have been wrong over the years and I'm trying to educate them, but it can be a lengthy process.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

kingjames100 - The UG is full of idiots.

/end thread

"People back their guy. You're wrong if you don't back my guy and I'm wrong if I don't back yours. Nothing wrong with that.

I'll know you just don't get it and are so fucking wrong it's crazy how wrong you are. Fact."

What? It's like I said, when Rory beat Penn, the Penn fans said that Rory's garbage and could've finished it off any time. Now I read on some posts here and there that Cain could've finished the fight after the second if he wanted. I'm saying that when a fan favorite gets beaten badly, their opponents to get the proper respect, but suddenly the loser needs to be comforted, becuase he's a saint, a humble man. I get it, sure, back your guy. But give credit where credit's due.

I will say that the person who coined the phrase 'If you fight for the finish and don't get it, you'll never win the decision.' should be shot and pissed on.

That is MMA gospel now.  It's like an absolute truth that if you go for the finish and don't get it, you'll never win the decision.  

I don't know who coined that phrase and sure we've seen cases where a fighter blew his wad, but everyone thinking that going for a finish is wreckless should be shot and pissed on.  You can have your cake and eat it too as long as you don't go full retard.

The new MMA Gospel should be 'Don't be afraid to blow your wad and put this guy away, but don't go full retard.  You never go full retard.'

Maybe Cain or Rory could have gotten the decision and maybe not.  I'm not bagging on either of them, but think they were hesitant to go for a finish because they thought if they didn't get it, they could wind up losing a fight in hand.  All because of that stupid fucking saying.  Fuck the guy, guys, or organization that coined that phrase.