Disgusting Masvidal interview/youtube comments

Gennady Goblin -
Jack London -

It's ridiculous how outraged some people are about this.

Askren got knocked out badly then got mocked afterwards, that's all that happened, Masvidal stopped hitting him as soon as the ref touched him. That's within the rules, it's a fight.

I wanted Askren to win too, but he didn't, that's how it goes sometimes. Fortunately instead we got an awesome KO and memorable moment for years to come.

What if Ben didn't get up? What if he could only open his eyes but after regaining consciousness, he told the medical examiner "I can't move my arms or legs" and he got stretchered out and spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair? People who have been in a sport like MMA or boxing for any stretch of time understand that this is a realistic possibility from a brutal KO. For a fighter that's been in the game as long as Jorge has to simulate a "knocked out stiff" pose like it's a laughing matter is incredibly immature and frankly, disgusting. 

When you've matured past your teenage phase of "TALK SHIT GET HIT I'LL FUCKIN KILL YOU" stage, you should have reached that understanding. When you're making your car payment and mortgage payment through a sport, you don't celebrate when someone could be seriously hurt. Watch the NBA game where Jusuf Nurkic snaps his leg in half coming down from a jump. Does the other team flop to the ground and start dangling their leg around and making a joke of his condition? Everyone gets down and prays and hopes everything is okay. That's respect. That's business and competing in a sport and understanding that there's a limited number of people who get to earn their living as an athlete, and knowing that any day you compete, that person could be you, and it's nothing to make light of.

Essentially it boils down to, are you an adult or not?

TL;DR : MMA is dangerous, enjoying it should make you feel bad.

Holy shit a lot of soft ass hoes in this thread 

Wasa-B - God, you guys are really butthurt over this shit. Just stop.

Ben is maybe my favorite fighter ever. Short list. But Jorge has done nothing wrong and his performance was spectacular.

It was classless and the people supporting it are classless as well. It brings them out and you can truly see the idiots of the fight game when this type of thing happens. 

ChimpFL -

It was classless and the people supporting it are classless as well. It brings them out and you can truly see the idiots of the fight game when this type of thing happens. 

trying to bring that sjw shit to mma. hahah

ChimpFL -

This from a guy who sucks McGregor off every chance he gets, haha, hypocrite

One stiff KO and all the bitches on the UG come out to play.

1 Like
Gennady Goblin -
God Of Thunder -
govols6911 -

Askren deserves everything he got. 

What did he do? 

I tried to google any super offensive comments that Ben might've made. All I found was him saying that Jorge had good hands but wasn't particularly strong or a great wrestler. And a twitter post where Ben posted a picture holding a title belt saying "Jorge wishes he had one."

Wow, how evil and personal. I can't believe he'd stoop so low to analyze Jorge's game and brag about his own accomplishments within the sport they both compete in. We should all find this guy and shit right in his mouth.

Exactly. Ben didn't say anything. So I guess just saying "I'm gonna beat this guy" or "I'm better than him" is "super disrespectful" now. Wow.

They guy is simply taking a page out of Colby's PR book. He's making himself very loud to get the opportunities that he wants. Now we either want to see him win or get KOed in his next fight which will most likely be a title-shot now.

triforce -

Masvidal says "I gave him what he deserved". Also said "I wish the referee tripped running to Askren so I could give him some more".

Youtuber comments gloating over this KO laughing at Ben

Disgusting stuff

You’re a pussy 

A lot of self righteousness in this thread.

We're all MMA fans we all watch and celebrate other humans getting knocked out.

I'm sure no one here wants to see anybody get seriously injured, we just like watching fighting and the drama that comes along with it.

I genuinely hope Askren is ok, but the damage is already done. Whether Masvidal was respectful or not afterwards makes no difference to that.

1 Like

The votes tell the story.

1 Like
Jack London -

A lot of self righteousness in this thread.

We're all MMA fans we all watch and celebrate other humans getting knocked out.

I'm sure no one here wants to see anybody get seriously injured, we just like watching fighting and the drama that comes along with it.

I genuinely hope Askren is ok, but the damage is already done. Whether Masvidal was respectful or not afterwards makes no difference to that.

Stop making sense, please. 

These morally superior MMA fans all immediately drop to a knee and pray for a fallen fighter when he's knocked out or submitted - right in their living rooms. 

To do anything less is reprehensible. 

You see it's not the brutal knockouts that offend. It's the teasing. 

That's right....teasing. 

They're crying about.....teasing. 

2 Likes

I'm a Ben fan but talk shit get hit, this is the UFC go back to Zelda

Gennady Goblin - 
Jack London -

It's ridiculous how outraged some people are about this.

Askren got knocked out badly then got mocked afterwards, that's all that happened, Masvidal stopped hitting him as soon as the ref touched him. That's within the rules, it's a fight.

I wanted Askren to win too, but he didn't, that's how it goes sometimes. Fortunately instead we got an awesome KO and memorable moment for years to come.

What if Ben didn't get up? What if he could only open his eyes but after regaining consciousness, he told the medical examiner "I can't move my arms or legs" and he got stretchered out and spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair? People who have been in a sport like MMA or boxing for any stretch of time understand that this is a realistic possibility from a brutal KO. For a fighter that's been in the game as long as Jorge has to simulate a "knocked out stiff" pose like it's a laughing matter is incredibly immature and frankly, disgusting. 

When you've matured past your teenage phase of "TALK SHIT GET HIT I'LL FUCKIN KILL YOU" stage, you should have reached that understanding. When you're making your car payment and mortgage payment through a sport, you don't celebrate when someone could be seriously hurt. Watch the NBA game where Jusuf Nurkic snaps his leg in half coming down from a jump. Does the other team flop to the ground and start dangling their leg around and making a joke of his condition? Everyone gets down and prays and hopes everything is okay. That's respect. That's business and competing in a sport and understanding that there's a limited number of people who get to earn their living as an athlete, and knowing that any day you compete, that person could be you, and it's nothing to make light of.

Essentially it boils down to, are you an adult or not?

What if? What if? What if? Did any of that bs you typed happen? How about what if you reacted to what ACTUALLY happened?

1 Like
Altofsky - 

The votes tell the story.

Just like your BMI

1 Like
cheech -

All class.

Malvert the Janitor -
triforce -

Masvidal says "I gave him what he deserved". Also said "I wish the referee tripped running to Askren so I could give him some more".

Youtuber comments gloating over this KO laughing at Ben

Disgusting stuff

You’re a pussy 

Brown belt in bjj and fought MMA. 28 years old. Bet I’d fuck you up with ease. Go back to cleaning toilets

2 Likes

At the end of the day it's FIGHTING. Bunch of sandy vadges in here.

It's the fight game, people can say/act however they want. Everyone's going to be humbled at some point with an asswhipping in their own direction. It's UFC, not Machida fighting in the Shinto Kumite. Not everyone's gonna behave honorably after a fight. Certain fans eat up the shit-talk anyways.

I like Ben, but he has that internet hotshot overconfident “snarky” thing going. I can see why a no bullshit type like Jorge would put a little more into talking shit and gloating after KO’ing guy like that.