Dishwasher Install and Repair?

I have a question for those who understand dishwasher install and repair. I was gifted a Miele dishwasher but was told that there is a problem with it in that the "lines need to be flushed" and they were quoted too much money so they decided to buy a new one.

Is this something I can fix myself? What does this mean? Also, wondering if anyone knows installing a Miele is any different or harder than a regular dishwasher (connect the water supply line, connect the power, attach drain hose to disposal, level the feet?)

Or if I am way in over my head, how much SHOULD this cost to install and repair the "flushing the lines" approx?

YouTube, my friend, use it.

I think they mean clean the lines, place a small cup upright in the dishwasher and fill half of it with white vinegar and start a cycle with the hottest water available. I've installed hundreds of Frigidaire DW's, never a Miele sorry. 

Stop being such a bigot, your racist!

Balls Mahoney -

I think they mean clean the lines, place a small cup upright in the dishwasher and fill half of it with white vinegar and start a cycle with the hottest water available. I've installed hundreds of Frigidaire DW's, never a Miele sorry. 

Is cleaning the lines something that is charged a couple hundred bucks for?

SpeedKing9 -
Balls Mahoney -

Definitely not, I may be wrong but that's where I'd start. 

SpeedKing9 - 
Balls Mahoney -

Dishwasher/appliance "repair" is always expensive. In my area it's typically $90 for people to simply show up and then they charge hourly and for parts on top of that, so shit adds up quickly.

I rely on YouTube videos for most home repairs.

"Cleaning the lines" would be more like disinefecting to rid of foul odors and such.

"Clearing the lines" would mean one of two things... drain is clogged. Look up your specific model on youtube and learn how to tear apart the drain on the inside of bottom and look for food and shit they didn't pre-rinse. Also could be in the drain line.. but I'd reccomend a new lines from the unit to your hookups anyway....

Also could be they had some crazy hard water and deposits have affected the electronic valve in someway causing it to be stuck open, or closed... two wires and a hose clamp to change this. You can get them for next to nothing on ebay. I've even found them in scrap yards... re-purposed them for halloween props/pneumatics. 

Either way.... sounds like something you can manage as long as it is in fact "something" with the lines and not something else.

Just hook it up and run it with Vinegar like someone else said, or one of those aggressive dishwasher cleaners.

Flushing the lines? That makes no sense to me. Every time you run a dishwasher it flushes the lines. So run it a few times with some kind of cleaner, and maybe check the filter if you're concerned.

No expert but I just changed out my own DW with zero experience.

Your question is kinda confusing. So I'll delete my post. 

So you got gifted a used dishwasher? You can buy new drain lines. His issues should have nothing to do with your house obviously. Sounds like he got rolled for a new dish washer by less than honest plumbers. 

https://www.mieleusa.com/