Disney Cruise Line

About to surprise book one from Miami to the Western Caribbean during the summer for the family. Been saving up for this opportunity to surprise everyone with it and have done some research but am open to any type of feedback, good or bad. 

Anyone have any tips? Experiences? Looks like we'll be on the Disney "Magic"

That sounds like a special kind of hell

OCMikey -

About to surprise book one from Miami to the Western Caribbean during the summer for the family. Been saving up for this opportunity to surprise everyone with it and have done some research but am open to any type of feedback, good or bad. 

Fam is booked April 22, I’ll let you know. We’re out of Orlando, to their island for 6 days. Got the concierge cabin. Ask for military discount, ( if you served) got 30% off. 

mihow - 

I have a friend (he's cuban, so as close as those people can be considered friends) and he has went probably 172 times. How much do you live Disney? Because if it's a lot, you'll love it. If you have nostalgia, you'll enjoy it, otherwise its a cruise.

wrong.

because it's Disney-- the customer service is WAY better than any other cruiseline.

Also- because its Disney -= its way more expensive. Which means theres way less riff-raff and "Cornflakes" on the boat because they cant afford it.

The booze is pretty expensive so you might consider bringing in your own on the down low. You can smuggle alcholol in shampoo bottles.  You can also buy a fake can of shaving cream to bring in herion and needles.

I don't live Disney or anything but it's nostalgic for me. Disneyland is always fun...expensive as shit...but fun. The kiddos love the newer movies and some of the classics. The other family members that'll be going love Disney.

I've heard really good things about the food and service. "Free" room service can't go wrong. 

Sneaking booze in shampoo bottles, I like that. I might have to research that a little bit on youtube. The more advice the better. 

mihow - 
Rumblefish -
mihow - 

I have a friend (he's cuban, so as close as those people can be considered friends) and he has went probably 172 times. How much do you live Disney? Because if it's a lot, you'll love it. If you have nostalgia, you'll enjoy it, otherwise its a cruise.

wrong.

because it's Disney-- the customer service is WAY better than any other cruiseline.

Also- because its Disney -= its way more expensive. Which means theres way less riff-raff and "Cornflakes" on the boat because they cant afford it.

But I’m spot on about 1/ Cubans - can’t trust them 2/ Disney love nostalgia fun 

Absolutely!

A little tip that I found out about...if you book with a Disney specialty travel agent you can get $100-$200 onboard credit (depending on the cost of the cruise) with no extra cost.

And also buy travel insurance separately, don't buy the Disney insurance! It's at least double the price. 

bando661 - 
OCMikey -

Fam is booked April 22, I’ll let you know. We’re out of Orlando, to their island for 6 days. Got the concierge cabin. Ask for military discount, ( if you served) got 30% off. 

How does a cruise ship get to Orlando?

White347LX - 
bando661 - 
OCMikey -

usually Cape Canaveral or Tampa- not actually Orlando.

Fantastic cruise line. I would even go again without the kids. They have a great separate adult thing going on too. 

You can bring  a six pack and bottle of wine onboard per person. This applies to every time you board the ship, so if you get off the boat in Nassau or something, you can replenish. Drinks aren't that expensive - $5-6 for a microbrew type beer. Not cheap, but not out of this world unusual. 

The port days are great for enjoying the boat amenities with smaller crowds. Nassau for example is kind of a turd place, unless you are paying for an excursion or something. We hopped off for a couple hours to shop,but spent most of the day on the boat. 

Castaway Cay is awesome. Spend the whole day there and do everything you can. 

Dining is awesome. They hand out sanitizer wipes everywhere you go and the servers stay with you through the different restaurants. Food was very good, considering it's a massive service. They are excellent with the kiddos. 

Take advantage of the kid camp thing, even if it's just for an hour here and there. The kids will love it, unless they are really shy or anxious. Mine were asking to go back after we picked them up. There are adult areas you can relax while they have fun. 

If character meetings are important to you, pay attention to the schedule on the app and show up about 10-15 minutes early at the designated. You won't wait in a line. 

If I could have done one thing differently it would have been buying all the pictures they took of us. 

The shows are very good. Definitely try to go. 

The pool area is super crowded and not that fun for adults, but port days are a little better. 

Get the early dinner service unless you really like eating at 8pm. 

You can deboard on your own and get out of there much quicker. You have to hoof your own bags though. The line starts forming an hour before they open the doors, but it's all pretty quick. 

Fuck a cruise. I bet that pool is 80% pee. 

Erocks -

Fantastic cruise line. I would even go again without the kids. They have a great separate adult thing going on too. 

You can bring  a six pack and bottle of wine onboard per person. This applies to every time you board the ship, so if you get off the boat in Nassau or something, you can replenish. Drinks aren't that expensive - $5-6 for a microbrew type beer. Not cheap, but not out of this world unusual. 

The port days are great for enjoying the boat amenities with smaller crowds. Nassau for example is kind of a turd place, unless you are paying for an excursion or something. We hopped off for a couple hours to shop,but spent most of the day on the boat. 

Castaway Cay is awesome. Spend the whole day there and do everything you can. 

Dining is awesome. They hand out sanitizer wipes everywhere you go and the servers stay with you through the different restaurants. Food was very good, considering it's a massive service. They are excellent with the kiddos. 

Take advantage of the kid camp thing, even if it's just for an hour here and there. The kids will love it, unless they are really shy or anxious. Mine were asking to go back after we picked them up. There are adult areas you can relax while they have fun. 

If character meetings are important to you, pay attention to the schedule on the app and show up about 10-15 minutes early at the designated. You won't wait in a line. 

If I could have done one thing differently it would have been buying all the pictures they took of us. 

The shows are very good. Definitely try to go. 

The pool area is super crowded and not that fun for adults, but port days are a little better. 

Get the early dinner service unless you really like eating at 8pm. 

You can deboard on your own and get out of there much quicker. You have to hoof your own bags though. The line starts forming an hour before they open the doors, but it's all pretty quick. 

Good stuff

Don't do it.

Look up the covered up disappearance of the Disney Cast Member  and the subsequent treatment of her parents.

I will never do a Disney Cruise with those scumbags.

Did it when the kids were 4/5!and 7/8...fantastic time.

depending on your route, seriously consider the guided port excursions...we did zip lining and some other adventure thing and from what I gathered we had more fun than those who skipped and the extra cash was worth it.

also, booze is not everywhere like I’d prefer...and Disney is very good at extracting money from you...don’t be surprised when everything costs money xtra and you blow your budget.

worth it though...good times and memories!

Heard a lot of good things about it. Never been myself but considering it. 

sacredhate -

depending on your route, seriously consider the guided port excursions...we did zip lining and some other adventure thing and from what I gathered we had more fun than those who skipped and the extra cash was worth it.

also, booze is not everywhere like I’d prefer...and Disney is very good at extracting money from you...don’t be surprised when everything costs money xtra and you blow your budget.

^ This guy gets it.

It's worth the extra money for the excursions but also worth sneaking in your own booze, herion, and needles.

Been on one... we really enjoyed it.

Rumblefish - 
White347LX - 
bando661 - 
OCMikey -

usually Cape Canaveral or Tampa- not actually Orlando.

Aha! I've only been on Norwegian and they list Canaveral as a port but I see other cruise lines call it Orlando. Thanks for clarification.

I No Kung Foo -
sacredhate -

^ This guy gets it.

It's worth the extra money for the excursions but also worth sneaking in your own booze, herion, and needles.

I'll just boof my heroin and needles, but how'd you sneak in the booze? Shampoo bottles?