Disney cruises - anyone been? TME

Worth extra cost? Planning family trip with wife and two kids 8 & 3.

Anyone have comparison to disney cruise vs other cruise companies?

shit my brains out practically every day after the buffet, but kids love it

With kids that age, go for it. Disney does a fantastic job as far as their cruise lines go. They've found the perfect balance between making the experience as child friendly as possible, while still appealing to adults. They have all the amenities you could ask for typical of a cruise line (food/dining, shows/entertainment, excursions, things to do on the ship, the overall layout and decor, etc), and they just go a little extra to appeal to the kids. Don't get me wrong, your children will have a blast regardless of the cruise line, but Disney does it best IMO. As I said earlier, you won't ever feel like the experience is childish, either. 

icarus92 - 

With kids that age, go for it. Disney does a fantastic job as far as their cruise lines go. They've found the perfect balance between making the experience as child friendly as possible, while still appealing to adults. They have all the amenities you could ask for typical of a cruise line (food/dining, shows/entertainment, excursions, things to do on the ship, the overall layout and decor, etc), and they just go a little extra to appeal to the kids. Don't get me wrong, your children will have a blast regardless of the cruise line, but Disney does it best IMO. As I said earlier, you won't ever feel like the experience is childish, either. 

What is the quality of food like compared to princess or other cruise companies?

Let you know after January. We have had friends that have gone and said it was great. Taking my family on a 7 night western Caribbean cruise myself. Phone Post 3.0

Yamie Jagerbomb - 
icarus92 - 

What is the quality of food like compared to princess or other cruise companies?

Very comparable. IMO, food is similar across the board as far as cruise lines go. They all recognize that food is one of the primary reasons that vacationers decide to cruise in the first place, so, accordingly, food quality is always pretty high. You can generally expect great food from any of the major lines. If you hear that "Oh, Disney/Princess/Royal Caribbean/etc has awful food!", it's probably not really indicative of the company as a whole, it's just that that particular voyage had food issues due to any multitude of reasons. All in all, you can expect good food while cruising for the most part.

Bump

Highly recommend, especially with the kids being those ages. If you can get on either the Fantasy or the Dream, you're in even better shape.

Great balance of family activities with adult activities. Not sure about the other ships, but on the Dream and the Fantasy you can drop your kids off in the kids area and go do your own thing if you want. Kids will probably love you for it, because other than the pool, that area will be their favorite on the ship.