Disneyworld Hotel Recommendations??

KyokushinandBJJ -

I've stayed the the French Quarter, Orleans. I would highly recommend this as a medium priced hotel. The location is superb. Not only due to it's closer proximity to all the other theme parks, but also Downtown Disney as an option. A free to ride ferry leaves ever 15 minutes which makes downtown disney very acessible. They have a decent pool area too if you need to chill. 

They're right. Anything with easy access to downtown Disney right now will be key. They are building two parking garages there right now. Parking is insanely inconvenient. If you can just hitch a ferry over, Orleans is the best bet. I live in Orlando and go to the movies and house of blues a lot at downtown dinny. We now have to leave a half hour earlier than normal just to find a spot. Phone Post 3.0

MMAhaiku -
GROUNDnLB - Animal Kingdom Lodge is 3 times the expense of value resorts. If you have kids, go to Art of Animation instead. It's a new value resort, really nice, and with the money you save, you can go to WDW again and still come out spending less money in total. Phone Post 3.0
How is the transportation to/from AoA? We want to go in May with a 5 year old, my wife is dead set on a monorail resort, I'm dead set on saving $. Phone Post 3.0
AoA is awesome. They have disney buses that take you everywhere. There is no monorail there but those are more for novelty than anything else, the buses are just as good. I have been going to Disney on a regular basis my whole life, I'm from Tampa. I've stayed in almost every resort, so if anyone has questions, I can try to help. I've also done all the holiday stuff (Halloween, very merry Christmas, etc) and disney cruises. So, if anyone needs advice on those, shoot those my way as well. Phone Post 3.0

3 weeks until Caribbean Beach

UGCTT_Manny2984 - 
MMAhaiku -
GROUNDnLB - Animal Kingdom Lodge is 3 times the expense of value resorts. If you have kids, go to Art of Animation instead. It's a new value resort, really nice, and with the money you save, you can go to WDW again and still come out spending less money in total. Phone Post 3.0
How is the transportation to/from AoA? We want to go in May with a 5 year old, my wife is dead set on a monorail resort, I'm dead set on saving $. Phone Post 3.0
AoA is awesome. They have disney buses that take you everywhere. There is no monorail there but those are more for novelty than anything else, the buses are just as good. I have been going to Disney on a regular basis my whole life, I'm from Tampa. I've stayed in almost every resort, so if anyone has questions, I can try to help. I've also done all the holiday stuff (Halloween, very merry Christmas, etc) and disney cruises. So, if anyone needs advice on those, shoot those my way as well. Phone Post 3.0

Just stayed at AoA (Little Mermaid room) with my Irish twins (girls 4 and 3).

Nothing special about the room, but we were hardly there, so we weren't looking for anything special. Its very clean, restaurant in there is pretty good. The main pool is nice and there was a lot of activities at AoA for the kiddos.

Buses to and from the park were fine. I think the most we waited was 20 minutes at Magic Kingdom at Park close.

Papa BUrgandy -
UGCTT_Manny2984 - 
MMAhaiku -

Just stayed at AoA (Little Mermaid room) with my Irish twins (girls 4 and 3).

Nothing special about the room, but we were hardly there, so we weren't looking for anything special. Its very clean, restaurant in there is pretty good. The main pool is nice and there was a lot of activities at AoA for the kiddos.

Buses to and from the park were fine. I think the most we waited was 20 minutes at Magic Kingdom at Park close.
The Finding Nemo pool is the shit. Phone Post 3.0

^
Is that the big one with the splash pad.

We only went swimming once the 5 days we were there. At the parks all day errvy day.

It's crazy the price difference between art of animation, a value resort, and animal Kingdom Lodge, a luxury resort. For and adult, you get a week at the parks, the Disney dining plan, resort accommodations, with all transportation included to/from resorts and parks. for around $800-$900, during off peak season - for a value resort. It's around $2500 for luxury resort!

Yeah luxury resorts are nice, but not at TRIPLE the price. As the posters above state, you're not at resort suite a lot, so it is not worth it. Plus, all the value resorts are clean, it's just that they are not as fancy. For kids, they don't care, it won't impact their experience one bit. Phone Post 3.0

GROUNDnLB - It's crazy the price difference between art of animation, a value resort, and animal Kingdom Lodge, a luxury resort. For and adult, you get a week at the parks, the Disney dining plan, resort accommodations, with all transportation included to/from resorts and parks. for around $800-$900, during off peak season - for a value resort. It's around $2500 for luxury resort!

Yeah luxury resorts are nice, but not at TRIPLE the price. As the posters above state, you're not at resort suite a lot, so it is not worth it. Plus, all the value resorts are clean, it's just that they are not as fancy. For kids, they don't care, it won't impact their experience one bit. Phone Post 3.0

well, I see what you're saying but I somewhat disagree.

Tour groups from other countries, sports teams, business meetings all book at the value resorts. This can, will and does effect your sleep and eat time at the resort.

Brazilian tour groups chanting all night, cutting in line at the food court and taking all the pool areas. Cheerleaders up all night running the halls and doing cheers.

So if you like to sleep while on vacation, I would not recommend a value resort.

gw99 -
GROUNDnLB - It's crazy the price difference between art of animation, a value resort, and animal Kingdom Lodge, a luxury resort. For and adult, you get a week at the parks, the Disney dining plan, resort accommodations, with all transportation included to/from resorts and parks. for around $800-$900, during off peak season - for a value resort. It's around $2500 for luxury resort!

well, I see what you're saying but I somewhat disagree.

Tour groups from other countries, sports teams, business meetings all book at the value resorts. This can, will and does effect your sleep and eat time at the resort.

Brazilian tour groups chanting all night, cutting in line at the food court and taking all the pool areas. Cheerleaders up all night running the halls and doing cheers.

So if you like to sleep while on vacation, I would not recommend a value resort.
Which month did you go? We've been to pop century and AoA 6 times since 2005, and we never had an issue. We have gone in the Sept-November period. We never had a sound issue. When we stayed at Coronado, there actually was a telecom corporate retreat happening, but they were quiet guests. Plus, we are so pooped by the night, we could probably sleep through a hurricane! :) Phone Post 3.0

July and August are the biggest months. You have chosen the best time to go from Sept-Nov. These are the slowest times and Disney will usually offer free dinning to increase park attendance.

We stayed value once and it was horrible with the noise and people yelling and running the halls at night. I always stay in Moderate or higher so we don't have to deal with it. I'm a very light sleeper.

Here's a great link for you guys that are looking to plan an upcoming trip.

--------------------------------------------------------

Best Dates to Visit Disney World

Disney World Calendar of Crowds, Cost, Weather, Events

http://www.easywdw.com/category/disneybest/besttime/

We went mid-June.

We are in the Little Mermaid area. We were the furthest building at AoA. Corner room on the 4th floor, facing away from all the pools.

Very quiet.

TTT

No one’s a bigger WDW fan than I, so I ask this in earnestness, why the hell will you go to Disney now? It’s a hot mess. The Galactic Starcruiser resort is getting anally raped online, and I was going to shell out money for that before I saw how horrible it is. Way too busy, and Genie+ can suck my hog. Fuck getting up at 7am on vacation to book a ride for the day.