Displaying posters?

Who has posters?

How do you display them?

Do you mount them or just hang them up with tape?

I stopped by a frame store and they said that mount a poster using a thin metal frame would cost $85!!!
A wood frame would cost over a hundred!!

Thats just silly. You can get poster frames from walmart for like 20 bucks.. There not super nice, but there fine for a movie poster.

Man, you can buy poster sized frames from ikea, walmart or target for dirt cheap. 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Poster-Frame-Sets-Black-Black-Set-of-2/14170728

Here. There is two for 13 bucks!

Do you have a Michaels craft store near you? I always see coupons for 40-60% off custom framing.

Good idea guys.

How do you guys do it?

fyi - there's a michael's on woodhaven blvd and cooper ave (or thereabouts) -- maybe 20 mins drive for you no traffic.

jkd_guy - Good idea guys.

How do you guys do it?

I use the ones from walmart.

I never framed my posters. Seemed... strange. 

A real man goes to home depot

frame that bitch with 2x4's

I use sticky tack for the most part. Phone Post

Sticky tack?
does it start to sag?

I remember back when the Crow came out, I bought a Crow poster and used a frame from Target.

Just recently found it again (still in the frame) and its all wrinkled and sagging, etc.

Saw a poster while watching Big Bang Theory and thought about getting it. (Flying Grayson's poster)
Was thinking of getting it and displaying it "nicely"

jkd_guy - Sticky tack?
does it start to sag?

I remember back when the Crow came out, I bought a Crow poster and used a frame from Target.

Just recently found it again (still in the frame) and its all wrinkled and sagging, etc.

Saw a poster while watching Big Bang Theory and thought about getting it. (Flying Grayson's poster)
Was thinking of getting it and displaying it "nicely"

I've had more sagging from tape than sticky tack. Phone Post

For large lithos I use Michaels custom cheap metal frame with no glass Phone Post

For normal size just use the cheap plastic Michaels poster frames. Phone Post

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll check out Michaels

I collect original comic artwork, but I started with band posters (silk screened numbered editions usually).

The quote you got was for custom archival framing, most likely. That is how I frame all of my art and posters. If you don't want the colors to fade over time, possible condensation inside the frame and on the poster, or bugs (all three of which have happened to me using lame frames) then I'd go with archival framing. Don't think of it as an investment, just think of it as you getting a badass poster framed so you can either hang it forever or hide it in the basement. 10 years from now that hundred bucks won't mean anything to you.

I can try to post some pics of the frame jobs I've had done when I get home if you'd like. Phone Post

That'd be cool.

Did you go to a framing shop?

What about Michaels?

jkd_guy - That'd be cool.

Did you go to a framing shop?

What about Michaels?

Whoops, sorry, missed your reply. I've gone to hobby lobby, and a private shop where I live. Both around the same price, both equally as good. Hobby lobby will allow you to take your art home, then they'll put the frame together in front of you. I like that.

Will try to get some pictures soon. Phone Post