Distance and Leg kicks are the key

to beating Miocic, if JDS made it out of the first round and kept at the leg, it would have been over. Id like to see the next fight be Francis Ngannou. Cain is just too injury prone. 

It would be interesting to have seen what another solid leg kick would have done to Stipe before he landed that ko. I do think that JDS in some ways had a great gameplan implementing kicks and distance but he came undone by not circling out to the middle of hte cage ala Condit vs Diaz.

Jds tried to use the Joanna strategy but it only works when opponents are a foot shorter.

JDS has always had that problem of backing up to the fence its a part of what messed him up when he fought Cain the second and third time. Its a real bummer too I was rooting for the guy. Congrats to Stipe thought he did a great job.

Dead_By_Dawn - JDS has always had that problem of backing up to the fence its a part of what messed him up when he fought Cain the second and third time. Its a real bummer too I was rooting for the guy. Congrats to Stipe thought he did a great job.

Yes, when he started backing up to the cage I was having Nam' style flashbacks of the Cain fights