Ditch chrome, install DuckDuckGo

If you are angry about what the left is doing to this country ditch chrome.  

Duckduckgo is faster, I don't see any of the bullshit ads on this site, and google no longer gets ad revenue from me.

Just a small way of fighting back.  Google is pure evil, fuck 'em.  

9 Likes

Duck Duck Go’s search results are lacking

1 Like

I would also recommend Brave Browser

6 Likes

Black Dougie -

This

More than happy to support google for life, they ensured I never have to Ask Jeeves ever again 

Black Dougie -

Thanks Dougie, I will look into it.

the_shrike -

They will improve.  Google is good because it legit spies on every move you at all times.  

Pale Moon is a secure version of fire fox.  Fire fox is better than chrome IMO.

Can bookmarks be imported?

I ditched google a long time ago bc of their subtle manipulation of searches and news.   Duck duck go is my engine of choice.  

the_shrike -

Yeah sometimes they are actually better, but most of the time they are worse. I heard there is a way to get the Google search results on DDG but I forget how to do it

What if you're on a chromebook?

Can you use other browsers?

Believe it or not, Firefox is also decent especially using its private mode.

1 Like

I've been using Brave exclusively for  last six or so months. I've got no problems with it.

Chrome is a web browser, DuckDuckGo is a search engine. So like others said, run Brave and use DDG as your search engine. If you need something looked up on Google just add a "!g" to your search term. That way you at least control what is sent to Google. 

2 Likes

Is opera still a thing? It was my go to when I used the laptop regularly. Now 99% of my internet is via phone and shield which both have chrome as the default. Have brave on the phone but never really use it.

It's so hard to get away from Google, because everything is so intertwined. My emails auto transfer shit to my calendar, maps, etc. There's shit I don't even recognize that just pops up, like these little dots that say 'pay your cable bill in two days' I don't even know what app it's from. I just hit ok and it auto does it. 

On a side note, what's a good alternative to youtube?  I'd like to drop them too.

Hi Monkey -

On a side note, what's a good alternative to youtube?  I'd like to drop them too.

There are none.

Bitchute and LBRY would be the closest.

Hi Monkey -

atm, there isn't. There is BitChute though.

Black Dougie - 

Both are good.