Divorce Custody Question

sicko - If it means nothing, then why doesn't she list you a sole custody Phone Post 3.0
Yep, that's exactly what I said and she wanted no part of that, she just wants me to trust her. Which for the most part I do, she's not a malicious person. But I'm not chancing a thing, looks like an attorney or mediator is in order. Phone Post 3.0

It's actually probably legit but have a lawyer review it. Do as said above and get a document consultation.

In my divorce I won the judgement I filed divorced and was awarded custody or the custodial parent. I had to later sign my rights off because my son went to live with my parents. (Had no support system or family where I was living, and used an emergency petition to wrap up divorce fast.)

Be thankful you guys are being civil and your divorce is amicable . It could defiantly be legit it's government shit for benefits, care and such but have a lawyer review and advise you on it.

In the future it could be an issue if she decides to move elsewhere or she meets somebody new or does choose to get child support from you.

Noncustodial parent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Noncustodial_parent
Mobile-friendly - Physical custody, designates where the child will live, whereas legal custody gives the custodial person(s) the right to make decisions for the child's welfare. Often one parent will retain physical custody, while sharing joint legal custody with the other parent.

Appreciate all the input, bump for the evening crowd. Phone Post 3.0

Avvo.com

Do it. Phone Post 3.0

Fabes - Avvo.com

Do it. Phone Post 3.0
Looking into it, thank you. Phone Post 3.0

You're most welcome. $20 for a phone call with a lawyer is a solid deal. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_figure8 -
sicko - If it means nothing, then why doesn't she list you a sole custody Phone Post 3.0
Yep, that's exactly what I said and she wanted no part of that, she just wants me to trust her. Which for the most part I do, she's not a malicious person. But I'm not chancing a thing, looks like an attorney or mediator is in order. Phone Post 3.0
That response warrants having an attorney look at it. Phone Post 3.0

SteelyRes211 -
TFK_figure8 -
That response warrants having an attorney look at it. Phone Post 3.0
I agree, I'm gonna call the service provided by Fabes and see if that doesn't answer my questions. Phone Post 3.0

dhughes - You can not trust someone that is divorcing you no matter how much it might seem like you can. You have to think 10 years from now. And, guess what? You can't. So that's exactly why you need an attorney. My ex told me that we didn't need attorneys and we could just figure things out on our own. Then she got 10K from her brother to hire an attorney and took me for $2K/month in child support, had "primary" custody, and then left the kids with me 90% of the time (which I was happy about but the financial drain nearly ruined me). I'm not saying your ex will do this to you but you absolutely can not trust her. That was 10 years ago and everything is good now but if I good go back in time and get an attorney at the time of separation, I absolutely would.

I'm so sorry but you can not trust anything she says right now. Trust can be regained later and you can even have a great relationship but for now...lawyer up.
Correct Phone Post 3.0

Trust, but verify. Phone Post 3.0