DJ Submits 250 LB Monster, Double Medal at 2024 IBJJF Pan Championship

7 Likes

“Mighty” indeed.

Former UFC flyweight champion and current ONE Championship titleholder Demetrious Johnson added to his already-legendary resume with a pair of medals at the 2024 IBJJF Pan Championship is Kissimmee, Fla., capturing gold in the brown belt Master 2 featherweight class and silver in the brown belt Master 2 absolute division.

Johnson also medaled at the 2023 IBJJF Masters last summer in Las Vegas.
The 37 year-old Johnson submitted 248-pound Mike Medina of Carlson Gracie Team, before moving on to defeat Eric Semba and Seth Patrick Houin, eventually falling to Brandon Paul Gagnon in the final frame to bring him the silver.

His gold medal came at the expense of Carlos Alberto Morales of Cascao Jiu-jitsu, Sophanarith Am of Team Forsa, and Marcio Luis Ferreira Filho of RING BJJ. Check out some of those video highlights from 2024 IBJJF Pan Championship below.

2 Likes

Not sure why he is in there destroying all these brown belts. Did they hold his black belt back for these tournaments? He’s had a brown belt since 2018

3 Likes

what did he tap to?

Ha, only 2 Fiddy…

Bradly Martyn is two sixdy bruuuh

5 Likes

Triangle from guard, 30 seconds left and he was winning the match up to that point.

1 Like

shocked chael sonnen GIF by DAZN USA

8 Likes

Ninja choke, nasty and the amount of torque to get on a big guy like that is something else

Guy is a freak of nature regardless of how short he is

Correction - helicopter choke, don’t know why I get the two names confused

5 Likes

ah ok it was a gi choke. i’m pretty ignorant to all of those. they’d be good to learn though. most guys i’ve fought have had shirts on.

Fkn Conor is a black belt. MM sand baggin at brown straight up

1 Like

DJ tapped to a triangle , sorry I thought that’s what you were asking.

1 Like

Not his fault, but as someone who competed pans 2 years ago at master 1 brown (I think dj is master 2), I’d be cracking up if he were in my bracket lol, no chance in hell for me

2 Likes

I find him losing in the finals more surprising.

Watched it last night, so fucking awesome :muscle:t2::mouse:

Typical bjj bullshit

1 Like

Let’s assume you are right and his coach made a conscious decision not to award him a bb yet totally exclusive of his competition goals.

Even then it was MM choice to compete at masters. And I don’t want to be a negative fuck but as you eluded to that is a fkn joke seeing how much he has used it on social media for clout

1 Like

It was neither of those. lol

Just a simple collar choke, you roll and catch & hold the leg

Yep, last time I competed I was over 35 and I didn’t do masters. It’s extra pathetic for a guy that is supposedly in the goat discussion for mma.

1 Like

Calling that a simple collar choke is hilarious lol, closest thing would be helicopter choke or bow and arrow which no one calls a “collar choke” and nothing simple about it unless you want to post videos of you hitting it