DJ vs Cejudo 2 ?

FrontBroRian - So wait....you guys always complain about anything MM says, point out his division needs to be axed from the UFC, and he's the least popular champ in UFC history and no one watches him, now he's this huge high profile fight?

Weird, I’d think going up in weight and fighting the guy who destroyed Jose Aldo twice would be a bigger profile fight.

Good to know MM is such a huge desirable opponent now.

Well, considering I’ve never said any of those things, I’m glad you’re now properly informed. 

I will agree that not many people watch him relative to other champions, but I think that has more to do with him being situated in an underdevloped, still-emerging division, and how he has been handled/marketed, which a fight with TJ Dillashaw is a perfect solution for. I understand that he wanted to focus on extending his streak and set a record for title defenses, but professionally, I personally think he should be clamoring for this fight, and it will be not only more competitive, but more interesting than a Holloway fight as well.

ChomskyBlackBelt -
ThunderlipsTapped -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

I really like this fight.

I would have preferred to see Cejudo have at least one more, but I’ll take it.

Cejudo is NOT the same fighter he was the first time around. I’m not saying he’ll win, but this is going to be a much more competitive match.

FUCK TJ and his campaign to run away from his division and chase a smaller fighter.

So many around here bitch and moan about fighters not defending belts, but it’s ok for TJ!?

There are plenty of great fights for him at bantamweight, not the least of which is a rematch with Cruz!

It is, if TJ is going to shut MM the fuck up.  

MM is dick tuckin.  

Goat? Yeah fucking right.  

TJ - Possible match ups in his OWN DIVISION that make PERFECT SENSE, rematch Cruz, rematch Cody, rematch Assunção, Rivera, Moraes...

BUT instead he wants to chase after a SMALLER fighter.

DJ - Guy has taken on all contenders in his OWN DIVISION, has shown weaknesses ONLY when fighting larger opponents 

...And DJ is the pussy!?

Ok...

Dj and Cody are both coming off losses.  Rivera is the only fight that makes sense but he should fight one of those two first.

Tj vs mm is the most interesting fight the ufc can make right now imo

The drop down from champ to lower weight to challenge for that belt has been done several times.

Randy who as a 2 time champ went down from heavyweight and won 2 light heavyweight titles.

Belfort went down from heavyweight tournament champ down to light heavyweight champ to middle weight title contender.

Cormier who went down from Strike Force heavyweight grand Prix champ to UFC light heavyweight champ.

TJ is not setting any precedent, in fact it’s been done by some of the greatest fighters who have ever stepped into the cage. Personally I’ve lost interest in the fight seeing as MM doesn’t want it. Like GSP didn’t want Anderson only in this case TJ is willing to go to MM’s weight class. I say leave MM alone and let him fight the guys who are in his division.

SinCityHustler - The drop down from champ to lower weight to challenge for that belt has been done several times.

Randy who as a 2 time champ went down from heavyweight and won 2 light heavyweight titles.

Belfort went down from heavyweight tournament champ down to light heavyweight champ to middle weight title contender.

Cormier who went down from Strike Force heavyweight grand Prix champ to UFC light heavyweight champ.

TJ is not setting any precedent, in fact it’s been done by some of the greatest fighters who have ever stepped into the cage. Personally I’ve lost interest in the fight seeing as MM doesn’t want it. Like GSP didn’t want Anderson only in this case TJ is willing to go to MM’s weight class. I say leave MM alone and let him fight the guys who are in his division.

Yes I guess some champs went to lower weight classes when cutting became more common. Going right to MW when Vitor entered the UFC was not an option. DC is the current LHW champ, and is going UP to fight the next champ up. Not down. He has never been UFC champ. And yes Randy bounced between weight classes his whole career. TJ has NEVER fought at 125, and is choosing to fight the lower champ. Vitor never did that. DC never did that. And I’m not sure if Randy’s first 205 fight was for the belt.

“Personally I’ve lost interest in the fight seeing as MM doesn’t want it.”

MM has said over, and over, and over and over, he would take it. Not sure what you’ve been reading.

That said, I think it will be a fun fight. Just funny how TJ thinks he’s entitled to it.

He has fought once in 14 months, and has never defended. There are 3 fighters in the top 8 of his weight class that he’s lost to, and he’s only avenged 1 by decision. It’s not like the dude has come even close to clearing out his division. And he’s been proven to be a worse or equal draw to MM. The one time he headlined it did 125K buys. If anything, the fight should be at 135, so it’s a win/win for MM, and not only TJ. MM is the one who’s earned it. Funny he thinks it should be at 125, so he wins, he’s a double champ. He loses, he’s got a built in excuse and is still champ at 135.

ChomskyBlackBelt -
ThunderlipsTapped -
ChomskyBlackBelt -

I really like this fight.

I would have preferred to see Cejudo have at least one more, but I’ll take it.

Cejudo is NOT the same fighter he was the first time around. I’m not saying he’ll win, but this is going to be a much more competitive match.

FUCK TJ and his campaign to run away from his division and chase a smaller fighter.

So many around here bitch and moan about fighters not defending belts, but it’s ok for TJ!?

There are plenty of great fights for him at bantamweight, not the least of which is a rematch with Cruz!

It is, if TJ is going to shut MM the fuck up.  

MM is dick tuckin.  

Goat? Yeah fucking right.  

TJ - Possible match ups in his OWN DIVISION that make PERFECT SENSE, rematch Cruz, rematch Cody, rematch Assunção, Rivera, Moraes...

BUT instead he wants to chase after a SMALLER fighter.

DJ - Guy has taken on all contenders in his OWN DIVISION, has shown weaknesses ONLY when fighting larger opponents 

...And DJ is the pussy!?

Ok...

Lol @ chomsky

Lol @ some of you guys talking about ufc rankings like they mean something. 

Superfight? 

UG- "Nah.  I'd rather see 2 rematches"

ChomskyBlackBelt -
ThunderlipsTapped -

Lol @ some of you guys talking about ufc rankings like they mean something. 

Superfight? 

UG- "Nah.  I'd rather see 2 rematches"

You want to see a superfight?

How about TJ moves UP to fight Max?

Let’s see just how badass he is if he were to do that. Not chase a guy whose achilles heel has always been a size disadvantage.

Max isn't the champion of that division.... 

FrontBroRian - 
SinCityHustler - The drop down from champ to lower weight to challenge for that belt has been done several times.

Yes I guess some champs went to lower weight classes when cutting became more common. Going right to MW when Vitor entered the UFC was not an option. DC is the current LHW champ, and is going UP to fight the next champ up. Not down. He has never been UFC champ. And yes Randy bounced between weight classes his whole career. TJ has NEVER fought at 125, and is choosing to fight the lower champ. Vitor never did that. DC never did that. And I’m not sure if Randy’s first 205 fight was for the belt.

“Personally I’ve lost interest in the fight seeing as MM doesn’t want it.”

MM has said over, and over, and over and over, he would take it. Not sure what you’ve been reading.

He can say it till he’s blue in the face; none of his actions indicate he does. TJ is willing to do everything required so MM doesn’t have to change a thing. He’s willing to go to his weight class, like Cormier for for Jones, Randy did for Tito, Belfort did for Jones and Anderson. Mouse has his list of demands that must be met if he’s to take the greater risk of fighting TJ. I’m just over it. I don’t want to see him bullied into taking the fight, I would like it if he was willing to defend his championship against all comers, including the toughest match ups. This would actually benefit him in his legacy (he’s shown that’s extremely important to him) and his popularity/credibility. I’m ok with him missing out on those things and just continuing to do what he’s been doing.

FrontBroRian - That said, I think it will be a fun fight. Just funny how TJ thinks he's entitled to it.

He has fought once in 14 months, and has never defended. There are 3 fighters in the top 8 of his weight class that he’s lost to, and he’s only avenged 1 by decision. It’s not like the dude has come even close to clearing out his division. And he’s been proven to be a worse or equal draw to MM. The one time he headlined it did 125K buys. If anything, the fight should be at 135, so it’s a win/win for MM, and not only TJ. MM is the one who’s earned it. Funny he thinks it should be at 125, so he wins, he’s a double champ. He loses, he’s got a built in excuse and is still champ at 135.

He defended against Cruz. He’s on his 2nd title reign now and he stopped the guy who beat Cruz. His body of work tells us he’s worthy of challenging other champions. I would understand if he were demanding MM come to him at 135, but he’s doing better and offering to go down to MM’s weight. It’s not like either division has a jam at the top of contenders. Not much is going on at the moment in terms of available contenders that can’t wait 6 months. Mouse has done nothing to show he’s interested in the challenge.

I'm ok with that.