Django Unchained was Okay

Finally watched it last night.  Got to say, it was pretty damn disturbing in a lot of scenes.

Also it dragged on.  It felt like it was 4 hours long.

Overall, I give it 8 out of 11 lawn mowers.

just saw it, and i completely agree: it was just OK.

i thought it was great up until the point that Candie decides to sell the girl for $12k -- which, IMO, meant that he was giving Schultz and Django as good or a better deal than what they had been originally going for. Schultz and Django were willing to pay $12k for a fighter (whom neither of them really cared about) PLUS some extra for the girl. if Candie was truly the bad-guy businessman, he would've asked for way more. i just didn't get how Schultz and Django got screwed. also, i understand Schultz doesn't want to shake Candie's hand just out of principle, but it felt a bit anti-climatic for both of them to die just from that.

a bit surprising the film is so highly rated.

Katsumoto - just saw it, and i completely agree: it was just OK.

i thought it was great up until the point that Candie decides to sell the girl for $12k -- which, IMO, meant that he was giving Schultz and Django as good or a better deal than what they had been originally going for. Schultz and Django were willing to pay $12k for a fighter (whom neither of them really cared about) PLUS some extra for the girl. if Candie was truly the bad-guy businessman, he would've asked for way more. i just didn't get how Schultz and Django got screwed. also, i understand Schultz doesn't want to shake Candie's hand just out of principle, but it felt a bit anti-climatic for both of them to die just from that.

They were gonna pay the 12k for the fighter supposedly in five days. The girl they'll pay for upfront. They were gonna run away and not come back once they got the girl, saving themselves 12k Phone Post

They had no intention of paying 12k for a fighter.

That was the whole point of plot, to lure candy in under false pretences. Phone Post 3.0

Thought it was okay. Too long in the middle but this is Tarantino's first movie without his long time editor who had passed away so I can understand that to an extent. I didn't like Jamie Foxx, I think he's a terrible actor. Someone like Idris Elba (Stringer Bell) would've been great. Phone Post 3.0

shit was terrible after schultz death

aritwo - shit was terrible after schultz death

I think the rest of the film from that point was unnecessary, they could have just ended it with the shoot out instead of having Django leave and then return, it added like an extra 30-40 mins.

I enjoyed the movie though, Leo was awesome in it and that KKK scene had me in tears

Jored1990 - 
aritwo - shit was terrible after schultz death

I think the rest of the film from that point was unnecessary, they could have just ended it with the shoot out instead of having Django leave and then return, it added like an extra 30-40 mins.

I enjoyed the movie though, Leo was awesome in it and that KKK scene had me in tears

I completely agree with you both.

Christopher Waltz was BOSS as always. Phone Post 3.0

Foxx and Teritino love Bama, so they win awards.

Only ok movie.

Foxx's new movie where he is the President is shit though.

best movie I've seen in years... Phone Post 3.0

I found it overrated. It definitely dragged on. I don't like Jamie fox either.

It was no pulp fiction. Phone Post 3.0

All of tarantinos films are long and full of words. This should have been expected...

That being said, it was my favorite movie he has made next to Pulp Fiction. I thought the script was amazing and hilarious. Phone Post

El_Varaco - 

They were gonna pay the 12k for the fighter supposedly in five days. The girl they'll pay for upfront. They were gonna run away and not come back once they got the girl, saving themselves 12k Phone Post

ok, thanks for pointing that out. obviously missed that part of the movie. lol.

still dragged on a bit for me, though. and as someone else mentioned, the KKK scene was classic, hilarious Tarantino.

i would say Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds were much better.

It doesn't compare to the classic Tarantino films Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. I was entertained, but I don't think I'll watch it again.

When Django was first released the OG loved it.

Now time has passed and lots of you thought it was over rated.

A year from now the OG will say it was the worst movie ever made. Phone Post 3.0

OSBtro11 - LOL. Retards always complain about a movie with GREAT writting . Was it to hard to keep up with all that information ? :( Phone Post
This. And LOL at people saying the movie was too long. "It should've ended with the Shootout" what the fuck? no fucking patience like a child. The movie was as long as it needed to be. What the fuck is wrong with humanity. Phone Post 3.0

^^^^

What he said. Phone Post

Darth brooks -
OSBtro11 - LOL. Retards always complain about a movie with GREAT writting . Was it to hard to keep up with all that information ? :( Phone Post
This. And LOL at people saying the movie was too long. "It should've ended with the Shootout" what the fuck? no fucking patience like a child. The movie was as long as it needed to be. What the fuck is wrong with humanity. Phone Post 3.0
If everyone says it was too long it probably was too long.

A great movie knows when to end. Phone Post 3.0

I loved it but tarantino really needs someone to sit down with him and tell him 1: he can't act for shit and 2: to please cut 20 minutes of unnecessary scenes out his films they would be so much better Phone Post