DL sucks but improves. Squats suck and...

...don't improve. Wicked plateau bro. 

Hogan - say your prayers and take your vitamins 

Shamrock - steak and chicken

No can defend! There wont be enough weights for you to lift!

Drink a gallon of milk a day, its science.

perhaps your technique is off ie not going low enough? do 5x5.

Frank Mir Cat -

Drink a gallon of milk a day, its science.

GOMAD!

I switched to a trap bar instead of dead lifts. My back feels better. 

King Trav - 

those are for fags.

1 Like
Dangerousdoug - perhaps your technique is off ie not going low enough? do 5x5.

That's entirely possible but I feel as though I've really concentrated on making sure my technique is clean. 

Im doing Wendlers 531. Ultimately, when I get stuck, I think I need to increase volume. 

It’s disheartening. I see dudes really building strength and size and I’m still over here with tiny hereditary muscle bellies. 

Try improving in terms of number of reps instead of weight.

If you’re not a powerlifter or don’t have a meet coming up, consider making your form more specific. If you do low bar switch to high bar and limit your hinge as much as you can; save hinging for DL days. 

King Trav -

Trap bar deads are the only reason I can still deadlift. So much safer imo. 

Dangerousdoug -
King Trav - 

those are for fags.

Plenty of world trainers including Chris Duffin and Chad Wesley Smith program trap bar DL’s. 

At risk of bashing, I only do sumo. Have never had a back issue. Even squared away a knee thing I had going on

Deadys are strange.

I know a lot of people who have never had any sort of issue and the there’s me.  Maybe I’m just injury prone, but it sucks because DLs are my favorite exercise ever 

Darth Potato - 

Deadys are strange.

I know a lot of people who have never had any sort of issue and the there’s me.  Maybe I’m just injury prone, but it sucks because DLs are my favorite exercise ever 

Whats your set/rep scheme? I like 3x5 for deads. 5 working sets of 3 reps. same weight.

Also, i deadlift and squat barefoot and id recommend this to everybody.

Darth Potato -

Deadys are strange.

Try trap bar deads with the handles in the higher position. Takes the lower part of the movement out and is a much safer option if traditional deads are problematic. 

cycklops - 
Dangerousdoug - perhaps your technique is off ie not going low enough? do 5x5.

That's entirely possible but I feel as though I've really concentrated on making sure my technique is clean. 

Im doing Wendlers 531. Ultimately, when I get stuck, I think I need to increase volume. 

It’s disheartening. I see dudes really building strength and size and I’m still over here with tiny hereditary muscle bellies. 

what i did with my squat bar/safety pins was bring them up a little higher than normal so that i make contact on every bar with the bar on them every rep, not slam it, but just touch it so i know im going low enough as i work out in basement, no mirrors etc. wasnt going low enough for years. give it a try. strongmen do it this way sometimes in comp.

experiment with the height a little and make sure theyre at the right level where u just break parallel.