Do any candidates have a realistic economic plan?

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders seem to have the most vocal supporters. The trouble with this is, neither of these guys have a very realistic economic strategy.

The tax strategy Trump put forth is laughable at best. While he might be a savvy real estate mogul, his macro economics might not be as sharp.

Bernie Sanders' proposals are just pathetic from top to bottom. This guy wants to basically give away free everything. I don't necessarily disagree with some of his banking ideas, but I don't think he has any clue what he wants to do. Forcing banks to break up and getting rid of their economies of scale would drive up interest rates. He's focused on -more- regulation, rather than better regulation, which is a major issue a lot of Democrats seem to have.

Does anyone have a good plan? Anyone think these guys are just providing lip service to their supporters and have more realistic plans?

At this point in the election cycle, and really through election day, candidates will do nothing but spout unrealistic bullshit.

They know if they came out on stage said, "My fellow Americans, the fact is that even if you elect me, there isn't too goddamn much I can do about the economic cycles the world goes through. I can throw a few stones in the river, but the fact is that we will have ups and downs.

"Part of it is that even if you do elect me President, there are five hundred and thirty five motherfuckers down the road from me who have just as much power. They're called Congress, and the most that I can do is negotiate with them while at the same time they negotiate with each other. And let's not even get into the Supreme Court. This is both the beauty and the limitation of the American tripartite system.

"I can't do too much about international relations either. You think trying to get fifty states to agree on something, you try getting other countries to agree. I can be a diplomat, I can cajole, I can sometimes even do some gun barrel diplomacy, but the fact is that we cannot force the rest of the fucking planet to do what we want.

"I cannot singlehandedly solve our economic, cultural, educational, or governmental problems. The best I can do is make subtle changes that might produce fruit sometime between five and twenty years from now. Thank you, vote for me, and God Bless America."

Yeah, that wouldn't get you elected fucking dogcatcher.

Haha, I might vote for that guy actually.

At least you know he's not bullshitting you.

Chocolate Shatner - At this point in the election cycle, and really through election day, candidates will do nothing but spout unrealistic bullshit.

They know if they came out on stage said, "My fellow Americans, the fact is that even if you elect me, there isn't too goddamn much I can do about the economic cycles the world goes through. I can throw a few stones in the river, but the fact is that we will have ups and downs.

"Part of it is that even if you do elect me President, there are five hundred and thirty five motherfuckers down the road from me who have just as much power. They're called Congress, and the most that I can do is negotiate with them while at the same time they negotiate with each other. And let's not even get into the Supreme Court. This is both the beauty and the limitation of the American tripartite system.

"I can't do too much about international relations either. You think trying to get fifty states to agree on something, you try getting other countries to agree. I can be a diplomat, I can cajole, I can sometimes even do some gun barrel diplomacy, but the fact is that we cannot force the rest of the fucking planet to do what we want.

"I cannot singlehandedly solve our economic, cultural, educational, or governmental problems. The best I can do is make subtle changes that might produce fruit sometime between five and twenty years from now. Thank you, vote for me, and God Bless America."

Yeah, that wouldn't get you elected fucking dogcatcher.

This is outstanding, and very truthful, I would vote for that guy.

But yea saying that to the masses would be a hot lead enema to their campaign.

The biggest economic fuck-up we have going right now is the .1% not paying enough and huge corporations stashing profits offshore and not paying taxes on them.

Sanders is the only candidate addressing both. I'm not crazy about his plan, but it's the closest to sane, believe it or not.

90% tax over 100$MM in income would be a good thing. Phone Post 3.0

MagSlim - The biggest economic fuck-up we have going right now is the .1% not paying enough and huge corporations stashing profits offshore and not paying taxes on them.

Sanders is the only candidate addressing both. I'm not crazy about his plan, but it's the closest to sane, believe it or not.

90% tax over 100$MM in income would be a good thing. Phone Post 3.0

Just curious, what exactly do you do for a living?

None are perfect but bernie is the best right now.

He's got it right on the 1 percent tax them.

for corporations we need a tax that taxes them high if they have money out of the country and don't bring it in as a punishment and if they dj bring it in its tax free or taxed super low.

Close all loop holes for individuals making 100k a year or more. This week promote a bigger middle class.

Bernie is similar to this. I hope he gets strong on closing loop holes that's what we need to do. Phone Post 3.0

caseharts - None are perfect but bernie is the best right now.

for corporations we need a tax that taxes them high if they have money out of the country and don't bring it in as a punishment and if they dj bring it in its tax free or taxed super low.

Close all loop holes for individuals making 100k a year or more. This week promote a bigger middle class.

Bernie is similar to this. I hope he gets strong on closing loop holes that's what we need to do. Phone Post 3.0
$100k where? Southern CA or NYC? Or bumfuck middle of the country? Phone Post 3.0

Spider Rico -
caseharts - None are perfect but bernie is the best right now.

$100k where? Southern CA or NYC? Or bumfuck middle of the country? Phone Post 3.0
Your right it should probably be higher. Phone Post 3.0

Not sure any President has that much to do with the economy. Corporate taxes need to be lowered so that they reinvest in this country. Corporations dont really pay taxes anyway, they just pass that cost onto the consumer. Do away with the capital gains tax as well. Revenue coming into the government is at an all time high. Spending and entitlements are the real issues. Which candidate would shrink government? Phone Post 3.0

We should close the EIC loophole for degenerates that have kids for a living. How the fuck do you get back more than you paid in first place.

Rand Paul. Really the only guy with a sound platform. Phone Post 3.0

caseharts - None are perfect but bernie is the best right now.

This is what I'm talking about.

None of what you said really makes any sense to me.

As a guy who spent years working for one of the largest taxing authorities in this country, I just have to laugh at the idea that there are these secret loopholes that only ninja CPA's know about.

There are no tax loopholes that are being exploited unfairly. That's a myth fabricated by the far left.

Those laws are on the books the way they are meant to be written. Even if someone does find a cute way to exploit them, the IRS has the authority to intervene as it does not follow the intent of the law. They do this all the time.

Corporations have bailed on this country as a result of high taxes. We are seeing record numbers for tax-inversions and expatriation.

Not only do we have one of the highest tax rates in the world. But we tax corps. on international revenues (only modern country to do that.)

Bernie is a financial illiterate. He is by far the weakest of all the candidates I've paid attention to when it comes to economics.

Theon's Sausage -

As a guy who spent years working for one of the largest taxing authorities in this country, I just have to laugh at the idea that there are these secret loopholes that only ninja CPA's know about.

There are no tax loopholes that are being exploited unfairly. That's a myth fabricated by the far left.

Those laws are on the books the way they are meant to be written. Even if someone does find a cute way to exploit them, the IRS has the authority to intervene as it does not follow the intent of the law. They do this all the time.

Corporations have bailed on this country as a result of high taxes. We are seeing record numbers for tax-inversions and expatriation.

Not only do we have one of the highest tax rates in the world. But we tax corps. on international revenues (only modern country to do that.)

Bernie is a financial illiterate. He is by far the weakest of all the candidates I've paid attention to when it comes to economics.
Dude I said to drop taxes on cope rations if they brought money in. You didn't read it obviously.

I am a few classes short of being a cpa but I dropped out. There are plenty of things larger companies and the wealthy can use to get out of paying taxes it's not made up. Any person who does some research can get out of paying a lot of their taxes by just looking up all the tax credits.

It's not made up from the left. The hell are you talking about. Phone Post 3.0

how was ge in a tax return position?

You said unfairly. There shouldn't be loop holes for the ultra rich. Phone Post 3.0

caseharts - 
Theon's Sausage -

Dude I said to drop taxes on cope rations if they brought money in. You didn't read it obviously.

I am a few classes short of being a cpa but I dropped out. There are plenty of things larger companies and the wealthy can use to get out of paying taxes it's not made up. Any person who does some research can get out of paying a lot of their taxes by just looking up all the tax credits.

It's not made up from the left. The hell are you talking about. Phone Post 3.0

Woops, I misread that one line.

I agree that they need to use the carrot to get corps. to bring money back. You can't really threaten to increase taxes substantially for leaving the country otherwise you're going to screw over international companies.

Maybe if those two coincided you'd be right.

Those tax credits you're talking about are legal and valid, though. That's like me telling you that your Personal Exemption is a loophole.

They get out of paying taxes by doing the things the law intended to reward them for - giving to charity, investing in companies long-term, etc. etc.

"Tax loophole" is a loaded phrase, and it's pretty inaccurate. It implies there is some sort of cheat code no one knows about except super secret ninja accountants.

caseharts - You said unfairly. There shouldn't be loop holes for the ultra rich. Phone Post 3.0

Can you define a tax loophole, please?

I don't think it's a cheat I'm saying remove them. I'd rather they pay into taxes at this point. I'd keep charity as a percentage so say they donate 50k they can get 10 k off but we need to promote pay taxes first do pr charity 2nd Phone Post 3.0

Theon's Sausage -
caseharts - You said unfairly. There shouldn't be loop holes for the ultra rich. Phone Post 3.0

Can you define a tax loophole, please?
Anything that gets them out of paying taxes. Donating to charity redefining revenue and profit (look at Hollywood it's insane no one profits) there's countless examples of legally cooking books. Phone Post 3.0