Do any of you hate the beach?

We do a family meet up every year, usually at a big lake house with a pool.

This year we mentioned everyone coming down to the beach next year and my Dad and brother
said they hate the sand, blazing sun, and not being able to see in the Atlantic water, they want to stick with a lake and or mountain retreat.

How can you not love the beauty and relaxation of the ocean?
You can swim, surf, boogie board, SUP, do sunrise beach yoga, play football, sail, fish, not fish, etc…

Le Shat
©

4 Likes

I love the beach but my dad hated it. Hated the sand.

1 Like

Pale whiteys, who don’t like to be out in the sun much, hate the beach. I never grew up close to the beach. Might have went once every couple years growing up. Don’t miss it.

2 Likes

Yes, I hate the beach

I live in Fl though, beaches here suck. Caribbean beaches are much better

2 Likes

I love the beach. It’s the best place to have get togethers

4 Likes

Lived by Venice Beach for a while.

Love the beach during the day, evening and night…but the mornings are basically always overcast and cloudy until later in the day.

2 Likes

I live in HB, take your dog to the beach early mornings.

IMG_20220618_204438

7 Likes

Nope. I live one block from the beach for a reason

2 Likes

Fucking hate the beach. Hawaii, east coast, Jamaica, Dominican.

Salt water sucks. Feel like I gotta shower. Sand is the worst. Let’s go to the lake. Better yet, lake in the mountains.

My wife’s family goes to the beach every year for a week. They left Sunday. SIL’s family owns the house. They all think it’s the greatest place in the world. I hate it. So thanks to blaming work I’m not going until Thurs. I’d rather not go at all

3 Likes

Some people hate the sand and I dont really like it either(grass on toes is superior) but washing your sandy feet in the ocean(esp when a wave comes close to shore) is tear jerkingly beautiful.

So, I do it over and over.

1 Like

I think part of it is going prepared.

As kids we would bring a towel, some sunscreen and a football. Then the parents would act like you need to spend the whole day there.

Now we have a pop-up cabana, plenty of drinks, SUP, etc… and even then we’ll only go for 2-3 hours at a time. After lunch you can sit on the deck in the shade and still enjoy the view while you read.

Pretty Girls Dance GIF by CAMEO Nation

Le Shat
©

4 Likes

I had no idea it was a thing to hate the beach.

Its like hating icecream or pizza.

11 Likes

I don’t hate it but it holds no excitement for me either. I don’t mind the sand while I’m there, but I hate that I find sand in/on my clothes and stuff afterwards when I’m home.

1 Like

Exactly!

When talking with my brother I knew it wasn’t his preference but I didn’t know he felt so strongly about it.
I told him he could join me for sunrise beach yoga and he literally replied “fuck that”, and I think he meant it. Very rude, very hurtful.

Le Shat
©

1 Like

Beauty. I like that breed and yours has good color/patterns.

2 Likes

Hate is a strong word. I hate Nazis.

Are there many many other things I’d rather do than go to a beach? Yes. Almost any other leisure activity would probably be preferable. Would I pick going to work over it? No.

1 Like

If you don’t celebrate the beach then you’re a beachphobe.

5 Likes

You guys who hate the beach, have you ever tried surfing? Anyone can get on a longboard with minimal training and ride a wave. Life-changing experience.

2 Likes

I’m sure this is an innocent mistake, but I don’t allow posts where the posters asks and answers their own questions…it’s simply not done on a Le Shat © thread.

Le Shat
©

Is your brother obese?

1 Like