Do any of you hate the beach?

I’m a bit of a beach wimp. The sand, the salt, the sun - it’s all hostile. I also don’t like crowds, especially impolite, careless ones.

I like to think I make up for it in the winter where I’m a sturdy bastard that is borderline impervious to the cold.

Stick me in a freezer and leave me alone.

3 Likes

No one said you have to go to a crowded public beach lol.

1 Like

No, I haven’t. Maybe I’d enjoy that. But not much surfing off the coast of S Carolina

And I’m probably still pick tubing or knee boarding on the lake.

1 Like

Hate is strong word, I’m sure if learned to surf it would be better. Give me mountains anytime of the year.

2 Likes

True. If I could find a quiet beach then the ratio of what I like, to what I don’t, would be improved quite a lot.

I can handle a day at the beach if I need to. Sometimes people that are important to me want to go, so I go.

1 Like

Are you Uhtred Ragnarson?

1 Like

Absolutely

1 Like

A mountain lake is perfect. A northern forest lake is next. Then an ocean beach.

4 Likes

One thing I love about going to the beach, and you can’t do this at all beaches, is looking in tidepools for crabs. Love it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, same. Actually, very fortunately. It’s a blessing and a first world problem

2 Likes

Office Space No GIF

1 Like

For sure. The wonderful people are infinitely better than the beach is annoying. We’ve got good problems!

1 Like

Love the beach . Tide is in rn but just the walk along the ocean is nice .

We found an octopus last time…never seen one before. It was in about 6" of water

5 Likes

See we love going to the mountains and have no problem accommodating them.
When my brother and Dad objected, we said fine and searched out some cool places.

I just can’t see not enjoying the waves, sun, and soft sand between your toes for a little while too.

Le Shat
©

1 Like

Growing up on the Canadian prairies, I’ll never not appreciate the beauty of an ocean beach. I guess people who’ve lived near them might think it’s nothing special. I feel the same way about gravel pits.

1 Like

I can hespect that POV.

I dislike crowds.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Amazing creatures.

4 Likes

You two would be cute together frolicking them hills!

2 Likes

You’re not the first to ask that, but no.

You can see threads where we debate politics, but agree on style, hair, etc… from when I posted as Munk.

Le Shat
©