Do any of you own a Grappling dummy?

I live in the mountains and my training options are limited. I have to get some work in soon or I will fall even further from my goals. I'm looking to buy puzzle mats and a grappling dummy. I have used a standard throw dummy in the past and it is what it is. I'm a mainly looking for anyone who owns or has used a "postured" grappling dummy. A bubba, or otherwise?

Thanks Phone Post

I've had the Submission Master for about two years now. I like it. It's nothing like a real person, but it gets the job done. Kind of hard to practice guard work on though. Never tried Bubba so I can't compare.

My Dog.

I have a bubba.  I used it alot when i first got it but not so much anymore.  Guard work is tough to do with it.  I did get pretty good at hitting armbars from side body by drillin  them on bubba.  If your disciplined you can get 100's of reps of submissions from the top.  Its like any other piece of exercise equipment though...you will get bored with it.  

I also have a throwing dummy from title MMA, the one with the arms.  

Are they worth it?  they are to me but nothing like having a real partner. 

thats an offensive term for white belts.. :) I kid I kid

ChipW -  I have a bubba.  I used it alot when i first got it but not so much anymore.  Guard work is tough to do with it.  I did get pretty good at hitting armbars from side body by drillin  them on bubba.  If your disciplined you can get 100's of reps of submissions from the top.  Its like any other piece of exercise equipment though...you will get bored with it.  

Thank you, I'm mainly looking at the dummy. It's a stretch for 500 though Phone Post

Yes I own my girl quite often

1000 PD LIFT -
ChipW -  I have a bubba.  I used it alot when i first got it but not so much anymore.  Guard work is tough to do with it.  I did get pretty good at hitting armbars from side body by drillin  them on bubba.  If your disciplined you can get 100's of reps of submissions from the top.  Its like any other piece of exercise equipment though...you will get bored with it.  

Is it good for working collar chokes from mount and working submissions from the back such as the bow and arrow? I heard from many that it feels very hard from mount

Yeah you can drill both of those. Phone Post

1000 PD LIFT - 
aaronlapoi - I've had the Submission Master for about two years now. I like it. It's nothing like a real person, but it gets the job done. Kind of hard to practice guard work on though. Never tried Bubba so I can't compare.

Is it helpful for drilling submissions from the back such as bow and arrow and submissions from the mount?

Yes. Doesn't quite feel like a real person when mounted, but good enough to practice chokes and straight armbars. The legs are always bent at a 90 degree angle which sometimes get in the way, but allow the dummy to sit up in your guard. Not that good to work your sport guard on. Really good thought to work your vale tudo guard on since you can strike and kick the head and shoulders. Awesome at practicing transitions to knee on the belly.

Here is the answer your wallet will not want to hear!!!

both

Bubba has advantages for top, throws, 1/2 guard...

SM is fantstic for working your guard grips and different drills.

both are great for specific drills and working little details.

Many people say they are worthless bacause a real person is better... Well no shit!

But if you are home watching a DVD and want to practice a move you just watched... you will love having a dummy.

Or when you get home from class and want a few more reps to remeber certain moves and grip, you will love it

I have the submission master I like it a shit ton Phone Post

12 year old son...

Heres the one I want:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/249568-2012-Olympic-Training-Camp/video/646795-Justin-Lester-wrestling-the-Adam-Dummy

There was a bubba dummy where I train for quite a few years.  It rarely got used.  The only occasion I remember it being used is every once in a white as a demo dummy for kids class.

Maybe it's just becuase we had live training partners, but no one ever seemded to want to use it.

I just pulled the trigger on the Submission Master. Ill review once it gets in.

Before I decided to buy I emailed the company and they said 2-3 weeks is there go to answer. Normally sooner, bc they are constantly being manufactured. That is according to Submission Master.

I choose to pay out 3 payments of 207 thats with shipping included. I previously owned a BOB standup, Body Opponent Bag. It was worth every penny and more. The ability to train or try something at will is priceless. Im hoping this purchase pays off. Im a BJJ junkie and Im in a pretty remote area in terms of BJJ participants. My back was against the wall. I can learn from tape and that is proven so Im hoping this can supplement some part of my game.

I will update this thread with shipping times and product reviews.

I hope you find it useful flowwithego.  I hate hearing that you don't have many trainging partners.  That would totally suck!  

I have basically one real training partner and 4-5 guys that like to hold onto your head. I have to commute to Denver( an hour in the mountains) to any legit gym.

For those who own the Submission Master how long did it take from the time you purchased it until it arrived at your house? Phone Post

I got a bubba for free. Best $0 I ever spent. But seriously it's good for leg locks, near side armbars from knee on estomago as well as guard passing drills