Do Brazilian blacks have...

fucked up portuguese like american blacks?

I'm just wondering if this is some kind of american phenomenon or whether it extends to other african slave decendents/ diaspora.

Anyone

American blacks speak fucked up Portuguese?

LOL

HAHAHAHA!

TPK just cracked up the correct in 2 languages.

TPK, Don't hate I know you never make it down to the hood to hear Ebonics (formerly known as Portuguese)

I knew Flava Flav sounded like all the Brazilian Guys I know.

"My brother, its cool baby, nice...."

They speak like Japanese businessmen at an American karaoke bar?

Damn this is getting more confusing by the minute.

"I used to have blacks in my neighborhood."

-eviladam during his first visit to Copacabana beach in Rio

There is slang that is common among the poor, white or black, but I dont think there is a Brazilian "Ebonics".

And there are regional differences too....the Portuguese in Bahia or Pernambuco does sound different from the Portuguese in Rio Grande do Sul or Parana.......

ttt

Don't get your DNA looked at, then.....you might be surprised. LOL

I doubt it, I think the American Black accent is strictly and American phenomenon. I believe it comes mostly from the fack that Blacks feel (and were made to feel) like they are not really Americans, and have failed to assimilate fully. This is also, I believe, responsible for the problems we see in the Black comunity.

I have met several Nigerians, and they speak English perfectly. I just got back from England last week, and every time I saw a Black Brit the accent was, to my ear anyway, exactly the same as White Brits.

The problems we are having with emmigration right now are a more extreme example of the same lack of assimilation we see in the Black community.

Latinos are not assimilating at all. They move here and 2 or 3 generations later some of the kids don't speak English. Moreove they do not embrace American ideas, like liberty, limited government, capitalism, and the free market (well relatively free).

The Mexicans you see on the street for these emmigration protests are waving Mexican flags. They fail to understand that it is Mexican values that has caused their country to be such a shithole. My God, do they want American police robbing people at gun point like Mexican cops (which happend to 4 of our millwrights last month, cops pulled them over, took all the cash out of their wallets, and left)

Maybe I am ranting, but I am not a racist, I am a culturalist. There is nothing inherently poor or ghetto or inferior about Blacks or Mexicans.

There is something wrong with their culture tough that will continue to hold them back. Their resistance to learning the language is just one of the outward symptoms.

Britan has no problems with its Black population, they see themselves as British. Look at France for a good comparison, their Black do not see themselves as French.

"I doubt it, I think the American Black accent is strictly and American phenomenon."

Well, this is true in a literal sense, but your postulation here is totally off the mark.

I believe it comes mostly from the fack that Blacks feel (and were made to feel) like they are not really Americans, and have failed to assimilate fully."

This is true too, but that has nothing to do with language. African American English evolved because people from vastly different ethnic backgrounds had to form their own way to communicating with each other and with whites.

"This is also, I believe, responsible for the problems we see in the Black comunity.
I have met several Nigerians, and they speak English perfectly."

The English spoken my most Nigerians in Nigeria is not only heavily influenced by African languages, but varies across ethnic, regional and economic lines. You have met Nigerians who have received Western educations and have been assimilated into Western culture.

"I just got back from England last week, and every time I saw a Black Brit the accent was, to my ear anyway, exactly the same as White Brits."

That is true in the case of some black Brits and white Brits, but it is also true in the case of some black and white Americans. Not every black Brit speaks the same variant of English, just like not every white Brit. And not every African American speaks the same variant of English either.

Ever been to the Bahamas or Jamaica? That gobbly gook is bastardized Queens English.

They can switch and speak proper English or switch to their jive, same as in the USA.

"African American English evolved because people from vastly different ethnic backgrounds had to form their own way to communicating with each other and with whites"

....Uhmm how about the same English everybody else arround them was speaking?

"Not every black Brit speaks the same variant of English, just like not every white Brit. And not every African American speaks the same variant of English either."

Not arguing that either, people run the spectrum of behaviours and such, just talking about the general bell curve being shifted. Just seems to me that Brit Blacks seem to be more mainstream British than American Blacks are American. That said, American Blacks seem more American than French Blacks French, hence all the rioting. Latino Americans seem to be following the French example.

Other groups do not, with a few exceptions like large cities with a China Town, fail to assimlate. Find and Asian kid, slanted eyes, burr haircut and talk to him, chances are he speaks with an accent that sounds exactly mainstream English.

And no, I've never been to the Bahamas or Jamaica, and England only once. I am however going to Brazil, eventually, this year for work for 3 months.

(edited for horrible grammer)

from my times in the slums in Brasil I still could not tell you because I do not speak Portuguese

They seem to speak the same but it might be a little louder and more excited

"That gobbly gook is bastardized Queens English."

Actualy, most linguists agree that it has elements of various West African words and grammar.

It's really no less intelligable than Newfoundland English.

Listen to Dirk. He knows what the fack he's talking about.

ttt