Do fighter's have health insurance?

Never thought about it much until the Robbie/Rory show that was so fun to watch. With all that damage and not a huge purse, how do these guys pay their hospital bills? I'm sure multiple surgeries will be needed to fix that nose. Do they have fighters health coverage? Just seems strange that an insurance company would cover you at all if so. Phone Post 3.0

So does no one know the answer? Phone Post 3.0

Regardless most smaller shows even have their own seperate insurance Phone Post 3.0

horsemeat grew my head - Regardless most smaller shows even have their own seperate insurance Phone Post 3.0
I know here in ps the state has insurance for us Phone Post 3.0

PA*** Phone Post 3.0

Yes, they have insurance. Right around UFC 108 or so is when it got implemented. Then all the injuries and ruined fight cards started happening. Phone Post 3.0

It's been stated but promoters are supposed to carry their own insurance for fighters.

Now with Obamacare everyone is supposed to have it anyway.

From personal experience, I broke my leg in a fight, and they were supposed to cover me...but it didn't work out that way...and luckily my own insurance took care of it.

On fight day fighters all over the nation are insured. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks, good to know. Phone Post 3.0

The red king is Canadian, they have universal healthcare. He won't pay anything if he doesn't want to.
It's a great system. Phone Post 3.0

myjawhurts - The red king is Canadian, they have universal healthcare. He won't pay anything if he doesn't want to.
It's a great system. Phone Post 3.0
Lol yeah bro he waited till he got back to Canada to go to hospital

And yes all ufc fighters are insured. Phone Post 3.0