Do freestanding heavy bags suck?

I have not used freestanding heavybags much, and associate them with mall type Punch Kick Way schools.

Has anyone used one to positive effect? Maybe in a place where you couldn't hang a bag or something?

http://shop.mixedmartialarts.com/Century-Original-Wavemaster®-Freestanding-Training-Bag/cen-1032,default,pd.html?start=12&cgid=heavy-bags&utm_source=USP&utm_medium=IMG&utm_content=cen-1032&utm_campaign=cen Century Original Wavemaster® Freestanding Training BagItem# cen-1032$109.99Color: Black, Blue, Red

http://shop.mixedmartialarts.com/Century-Wavemaster®-XXL-Freestanding-Training-Bag/cen-1033,default,pd.html?start=11&cgid=heavy-bags&utm_source=USP&utm_medium=IMG&utm_content=cen-1033&utm_campaign=cen Century Wavemaster® XXL Freestanding Training BagItem# cen-1033$274.99Color: Black, Blue, Red

You're a free-standing heavy bag. Phone Post

Amber looks like she bought her "second degree black belt" from a McDojo.

...In all fairness I hear her spinning cankle kick is deadly though.

FOTN - ...In all fairness I hear her spinning cankle kick is deadly though.

Bwwahahahahha. You're delightfully wicked.

Bear witness to the fitness...

lol

I think the Wavemaster XXL is awesome! Good for low/high/bodykicks, punches, elbows, etc. Softer than a normal bag so it wears less on your shins, hands, knees, and elbows. Heavybags are a bitch to hang in most houses due to shaking the house and making a lot of noise, these things are a great alternative and are easier to push into a corner when you need the space for something else.

I'm think of the XXL. Found it online elsewhere for about $50 less. Phone Post

They have one similar to those above at the gym I go to. I've only used it a few times and seems okay.

It would work okay if someone didnt have anywhere to hang a bag, but kicking the thing it's really loud, and putting alot of power into it will knock the thing over. 
I wouldnt recommend putting it in your living room apartment.

Again.... The one at our gym is not the Wave Master, it looks just like it though =)

To a small extent in terms of its practicality..

But you shouldn't need to ask this question, go look at training montages, especially boxers.

They don't use freestanding bags man.. Phone Post

Kirik , are you trolling us with that video man? Hahahah lol Phone Post

My taebo bag rules Phone Post

hahahahah!

Freestanding bags are only better than a hanging bag if space is of a concern; practicality.

If you're using one, though; you'll have to fill the base with sand or it's gonna fly all over the place

I thought Amber represented 2XL rather well

^^ I did like the fact that they used someone that was roughly the same girth as the 2XL.

I don't mean to go all FrontRowBrian on you, but I've heard a rumor that Ken Pavia's contacted Amber about fighting Bobby Lashley at Super Fight league 4.

Quite honestly, from what I've seen in that video I think Amber's got the edge in this one.

I have a wavemaster not xxl though. It sucks. You throw a left-right combo and it lurches over then bends up. Very uncomfortable. Phone Post

CLINT NJHC - I think the Wavemaster XXL is awesome! Good for low/high/bodykicks, punches, elbows, etc. Softer than a normal bag so it wears less on your shins, hands, knees, and elbows. Heavybags are a bitch to hang in most houses due to shaking the house and making a lot of noise, these things are a great alternative and are easier to push into a corner when you need the space for something else.
I like mine
Never knocked it over
But i punch like a bitch... Phone Post